This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: All scenes in all games should be paused with START.

#1The_Hungry_OnePosted 4/27/2013 1:13:16 AM
Do you think you should be able to pause a scene without worrying about skipping it? - Results (223 votes)
Yes.
88.79% (198 votes)
No.
1.35% (3 votes)
The f***? I don't give a s*** about that. It's a game, fool!
4.04% (9 votes)
Hallelujah, someone made a decent poll.
1.35% (3 votes)
I chose this option because none of the above apply to me.
4.48% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Being able to pause scenes with the PS button is all well and good, but I feel simply pressing START should just pause the scene and then have an option to un-pause it or skip the scene.
---
Sorry, did that hurt? That "sorry" was sarcasm. I am not sorry.
#2echa_OnePosted 4/27/2013 1:16:02 AM
Huh... never acrossed my mind to "pause" during cutscenes using the PS button.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#3Brocken_JrPosted 4/27/2013 1:23:25 AM
yeah, i hate when its X or O or not at all. i dont skip cutscenes unless i dont give a s*** and am just playing for the gameplay, but all games should be paused with start, and skipped with a button (after pausing only)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiQSvSoSpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#4yuber112Posted 4/27/2013 1:25:12 AM
I've never agreed with that ever. The button is called START. It shouldn't be used to STOP a game from doing anything. In fact I demand that next gen they change that button to PAUSE or OPTIONS.
#5The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:45:07 AM
Seriously, who chose option 5?
---
#6GenjiRedPosted 4/27/2013 2:36:26 AM
I agree with this poll. I hate when I have to change my kid's diapers during the middle of a cutscene and you can't just pause the game. I accidently skipped cutscenes with start and it gets annoying.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 3:25:13 AM
GenjiRed posted...
I agree with this poll. I hate when I have to change my kid's diapers during the middle of a cutscene and you can't just pause the game. I accidently skipped cutscenes with start and it gets annoying.

I agree. Sometimes my wife decides I need to do something, and it always seems to be when I'm in a cutscene or some such. I always wondered why developers do not just put in the code to allow this. I've started seeing it more since Final Fantasy XIII, but it's still a niche feature.
---
#8diebuster2Posted 4/27/2013 3:28:56 AM
Yes why not lol!
---
Civil discussion on GameFAQS? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!
#9LatchKeyKidPosted 4/27/2013 7:15:11 AM
I always like it when you can pause a cutscene. In relation, I like it when you have to pause and hit a button to skip a cutscene so it makes it harder to accidentally skip it.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#10Pawkie07Posted 4/27/2013 7:17:26 AM
echa_One posted...
Huh... never acrossed my mind to "pause" during cutscenes using the PS button.

Yeah I do that too. Works for most games but not all. Should really be some kind of real pause button though instead of us having to press the PS button to bring up the xmb.