This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: All scenes in all games should be paused with START.

#11The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:54:39 AM
I'm glad nearly everyone agrees. Maybe we could kickstart this notion..
---
Sorry, did that hurt? That "sorry" was sarcasm. I am not sorry.
#12Paragon-57Posted 4/27/2013 8:56:22 AM
Sometimes the PS button doesn't work on some games too. :/ Can't remember which, but I've had a few that don't actually pause the scene when I attempt to.

I strongly agree though, it would have been AWESOME if the MGS HD Collection added these in for MGS2 and MGS3.
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#13drags_Posted 4/27/2013 3:34:29 PM
This was my favourite thing about MGR, you can pause the cutscenes then skip if you want and can also turn on/off the subtitles when it is paused.
#14DragoonGriffithPosted 4/27/2013 3:53:33 PM
I agree a lot with this topic.

Not having a proper pause (as in the in-game clock not stopping) and cutscenes not being skippable, is one of the main reason why I don't like replaying FFX.

Hence, why I truly hope the HD version of FFX and FFX2 will have a pause and cutscene skip button.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#15Bolc56Posted 4/27/2013 11:45:39 PM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Being able to pause scenes with the PS button is all well and good

That doesn't work with all games though
#16WingedRegentPosted 4/28/2013 3:23:30 AM
I always like it when you can pause a cutscene. In relation, I like it when you have to pause and hit a button to skip a cutscene so it makes it harder to accidentally skip it.

^This. Also, I've had situations where I needed to take care of something, but a cutscene hit that was important to said game's plotline, so I couldn't exactly skip it. Needless to say, it was an inconvenience. I like the idea of making all cutscenes pauseable, but as long as it's not obnoxiously done ala the patch for AC3 where there's an indicator running through the ENTIRETY of ALL cutscenes that says, "Hey! PRESS THIS BUTTON TO SKIP!". .__.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#17RaengPosted 4/28/2013 3:54:01 AM
Personally Metal Gear Solid/Rising does it best. Just press start and you get a nice "continue/skip" option. It's easy and accessible.
What always scares me is playing a game for the first time not knowing if start might actually SKIP the scene instead of pause it, so I shy away from it.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#18WingedRegentPosted 4/28/2013 3:55:14 AM
Personally Metal Gear Solid/Rising does it best. Just press start and you get a nice "continue/skip" option. It's easy and accessible.
What always scares me is playing a game for the first time not knowing if start might actually SKIP the scene instead of pause it, so I shy away from it.

Same here, and I agree with you as well.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#19AyataneXPosted 5/1/2013 7:02:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]