This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just picked up ff13/ff13-2....

#31Anarchy612Posted 4/29/2013 12:08:16 AM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
kel25 posted...
Shut up people! I know FFXIII isn't the best FF but this crap is ridiculous. .

I refer you to...

It's called having an opinion.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

I understand everyone has their own opinion like I said, but everyone bashes the fricken hell out of the game and tries to get people to not play the game. For example I think GTAIV is one of the worst games ever made but I don't bash the hell out of it if someone hasn't played it yet.

The great thing about having a mind of your own is that not bashing a bad game is your choice and bashing a bad game is our choice

@ etc...my recommendation to you would be to go outside with some friends and play Frisbee with the game...its about the only way to get your moneys worth
---
if there is no flame war in your topic then it was ignored
PSN: Anarchy612
#32rswsc0407Posted 4/29/2013 12:22:22 AM
tiornys posted...
elusive posted...
FF13 took a fat dump on classic FF fans, of course they are going to voice their displeasure. You should bash GTA4 for sucking if thats your opinion, but only because it is correct.

This classic FF fan loves FFXIII, and I'm not the only long-term fan of the series who feels the same way. Please don't speak for me in your generalizations.

I agree, I LOVE the classic FF games, but the PSX and PS2 ones I haven't cared for as much. I've only played 7, 8, and 12 BTW. I'm loving XIII, the people that say all you need to do is press X to win are full of crap, maybe for the first chapter or two you might be able to get away that, but after that you sure as hell can't

It's the same thing with people that say the story is confusing or doesn't make any sense, that's a blatant lie as well, the game keeps track of everything, from the roster of characters and enemies, to the locations and even go so far as to explain the cut scenes.

I'm only about 20 hours into the game, but I'm extremely interested in what is going to happen during the rest of the story.

The whole "the game is linear" thing bothers me too. Yes in a lot of other RPGs and FFs in general you sort of could go wherever you wanted to, except that if you went into an area you should be in yet, you'd run into enemies that would destroy you in one or two hits. RPGs in general ARE linear, it's just because of the fact that this game also includes a map for every area, and most of them don't that it seems more linear than other RPGs.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
#33tiornysPosted 4/29/2013 12:33:27 AM
Anarchy612 posted...
The great thing about having a mind of your own is that not bashing a bad game is your choice and bashing a bad game is our choice

@ etc...my recommendation to you would be to go outside with some friends and play Frisbee with the game...its about the only way to get your moneys worth

I have no problem with people who dislike FFXIII, even if they feel like bashing it. I do have a problem with people who assume that "FFXIII is a bad game" is a fact instead of an opinion, and I also have a problem with people who criticize FFXIII for perceived flaws that are not actual flaws.

Fine: "I hate FFXIII," "FFXIII sucks!" "FFXIII's characters are crap," "I hate the way Hope whines/Vanille moans/Snow is Snow/etc.," "I wouldn't play FFXIII if I were you," and "FFXIII's combat bored the **** out of me."

Not fine: "Don't play FFXIII because it's a bad game," "FFXIII's combat sucks because you can just mash X to win," "There's no strategy in FFXIII," "FFXIII's characters are unlikable," or "You have to read the datalog to understand the story."
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#34MwarriorHieiPosted 4/29/2013 2:11:43 AM
don't go to the ff 13 boards on here, they are littered with armpit and feet topics. It's fetish fantasy 13 over there.

brb
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#35SSJLinkPosted 4/29/2013 2:14:57 AM
13 makes you feel like you are wasting your time but it looks pretty and sounds nice.

13-2 will actually waste your time but you might not really notice because it's actually fun
---
PSN: SSJLink
\
#36IHeartMetroidPosted 4/29/2013 2:22:11 AM
Don't play FFXIII because it's a bad game. Seriously, every single aspect of that game is just... awful, from the moment the horribly inappropriate Non-Uematsu title music plays to the inexplicably stupid final bosses. And gameplay? The worst, out of any game, bar none. FFXIII's combat sucks because you can just mash X to win. Seriously, There's no strategy in FFXIII. Not to mention the fact that FFXIII's characters are unlikable, plus you have to read the datalog to understand what has to be the STUPIDEST, most hairbrained story in Final Fantasy history. And this is a series where you fight a damned TREE.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#37Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/29/2013 3:22:00 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
tiornys posted...

Fine: "I hate FFXIII," "FFXIII sucks!" "FFXIII's characters are crap," "I hate the way Hope whines/Vanille moans/Snow is Snow/etc.," "I wouldn't play FFXIII if I were you," and "FFXIII's combat bored the **** out of me."

Not fine: "Don't play FFXIII because it's a bad game," "FFXIII's combat sucks because you can just mash X to win," "There's no strategy in FFXIII," "FFXIII's characters are unlikable," or "You have to read the datalog to understand the story."

Don't play FFXIII because it's a bad game. Seriously, every single aspect of that game is just... awful, from the moment the horribly inappropriate Non-Uematsu title music plays to the inexplicably stupid final bosses. And gameplay? The worst, out of any game, bar none. FFXIII's combat sucks because you can just mash X to win. Seriously, There's no strategy in FFXIII. Not to mention the fact that FFXIII's characters are unlikable, plus you have to read the datalog to understand what has to be the STUPIDEST, most hairbrained story in Final Fantasy history. And this is a series where you fight a damned TREE.

How some people can stand themselves and how they're behaving, I'll never understand.

-__-
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#38tiornysPosted 4/29/2013 3:35:09 AM
^^Good for a laugh at least.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#39CojiroseanPosted 4/29/2013 3:41:34 AM
Why are you not playing them and forming your own opinion instead of listening to the same tired agruments we hear in every FFXIII topic?
---
"Only by comparing yourself to others can you define yourself. Thus your ever-present anxiety."
#40Spiroth_KweehhPosted 4/29/2013 3:48:15 AM
tiornys posted...
^^Good for a laugh at least.

It could be seen that way, yes, but to me its sad.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world