This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just picked up ff13/ff13-2....

#61Spiroth_KweehhPosted 5/1/2013 12:45:26 PM
elusive posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
elusive posted...
tiornys posted...
elusive posted...
FF13 took a fat dump on classic FF fans, of course they are going to voice their displeasure. You should bash GTA4 for sucking if thats your opinion, but only because it is correct.

This classic FF fan loves FFXIII, and I'm not the only long-term fan of the series who feels the same way. Please don't speak for me in your generalizations.

My generalization has offended you? Im sorry, I should have put a footnote.

*1% of classic FF fans did not mind the steaming heap SE left in their lap.*

My personal absolute favorite Main FINAL FANTASY installment is FINAL FANTASY, while my absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY installment is FINAL FANTASY XIII, and I still believe FINAL FANTASY XIII's high points are the series' highest.

But please generalise more, and make yourself believe that those Crystal Mythos fans that like FINAL FANTASY XIII are a hypothetical 1%, and present it as a factual truth.

As if you knew anything about us few true Crystal Mythos (FINAL FANTASY I-V+D+4HoL) lovers. Or even Crystal Mythos itself.

Lol so the series high point is 13? Auto pilot hallway was your jam? True crystal mythos lovers, oooo such a prestigious lot. I dont get it, guess that 1% is just easily pleased as long as FF is in the title ;).

Never said that. In fact, FINAL FANTASY XIII is my absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY instalment.
Please keep up, re-read what you quote and stop with the assumptions.

Also, what Auto-Pilot?

Also, please generalise more, and make yourself believe that those Crystal Mythos fans that like FINAL FANTASY XIII are a hypothetical 1%, and present it as a factual truth.
As if you knew anything about us few true Crystal Mythos (FINAL FANTASY I-V+D+4HoL) lovers. Or even Crystal Mythos itself.

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#62PhaseSlaethePosted 5/1/2013 12:46:39 PM
Sighto posted...
elusive posted...
Lol so the series high point is 13? Auto pilot hallway was your jam? True crystal mythos lovers, oooo such a prestigious lot. I dont get it, guess that 1% is just easily pleased as long as FF is in the title ;).

Just because the game went over your head doesn't make it bad.
The GameFAQs Rating Average is 7.7. I guess there are more minorities on this forum then your little "majority" hate club.

The game went over its OWN head. The characters in the made-up world didn't even understand the concepts in the made-up world.
#63BioShock111583Posted 5/1/2013 1:18:53 PM
FFXIII wasn't ALL bad. It was incredibly polished and had fantastic menus. The whole story thing just failed.
---
beLIEve
#64SightoPosted 5/1/2013 8:40:41 PM(edited)
PhaseSlaethe posted...
The game went over its OWN head. The characters in the made-up world didn't even understand the concepts in the made-up world.

As if you understand the concepts of our own world? I guess millions of people are just wasting their lives.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#65kewldude475Posted 5/1/2013 8:59:16 PM
elusive posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
elusive posted...
tiornys posted...
elusive posted...
FF13 took a fat dump on classic FF fans, of course they are going to voice their displeasure. You should bash GTA4 for sucking if thats your opinion, but only because it is correct.

This classic FF fan loves FFXIII, and I'm not the only long-term fan of the series who feels the same way. Please don't speak for me in your generalizations.

My generalization has offended you? Im sorry, I should have put a footnote.

*1% of classic FF fans did not mind the steaming heap SE left in their lap.*

My personal absolute favorite Main FINAL FANTASY installment is FINAL FANTASY, while my absolute least favorite Main FINAL FANTASY installment is FINAL FANTASY XIII, and I still believe FINAL FANTASY XIII's high points are the series' highest.

But please generalise more, and make yourself believe that those Crystal Mythos fans that like FINAL FANTASY XIII are a hypothetical 1%, and present it as a factual truth.

"Hurr durr all 13 is is auto pilot". Wrong. Not only is it optional, but you need to form other strategies later in the game.

I didn't think 13 was a stellar game (though it was beautiful, and the gameplay concept was fun) but c'mon, please make legitimate complaints against the game?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZAQVsCU.gif
#66tiornysPosted 5/1/2013 9:04:41 PM
kewldude475 posted...
I didn't think 13 was a stellar game (though it was beautiful, and the gameplay concept was fun) but c'mon, please make legitimate complaints against the game?

Problem is, they think it is a legitimate complaint. They lack the perspective necessary to recognize that it isn't.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#67XenobowPosted 5/1/2013 11:20:07 PM
You just wasted your money.
I feel sorry for you :')
#68IHeartMetroidPosted 5/1/2013 11:27:27 PM
"They lack the perspective"

What perspective? Surely you can see how ruining the gameplay, creating a bat***-crazy storyline, making the player run down boring tunnels for forty hours and erasing the wonderful classic FF themes might upset longtime fans.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#69tiornysPosted 5/2/2013 12:06:41 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"They lack the perspective"

What perspective? Surely you can see how ruining the gameplay, creating a bat***-crazy storyline, making the player run down boring tunnels for forty hours and erasing the wonderful classic FF themes might upset longtime fans.

I can understand that, certainly. Surely you can understand how the gameplay, story, and/or characters might have redeeming aspects that you overlooked or undervalued, and how other longtime fans might find those redeeming aspects enjoyable enough to overlook some of the undeniable flaws?

When speaking of perspective, I was specifically referring to the complaint that FFXIII is all auto-pilot. There is far more strategy available in FFXIII's combat than "spam X, stagger and kill" even if many detractors have failed to appreciate this. I am admittedly making an assumption about why they have failed to appreciate this, but I honestly believe that in most cases it's because they unwittingly narrowed their vision by unconsciously locking out most of the strategic options before they started to search for strategies. With a fixed team using a fixed paradigm deck wearing a set group of accessories and minimal upgrading, yeah, there's not a whole lot of strategic variance left to be found.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#70IHeartMetroidPosted 5/2/2013 12:11:53 AM
" Surely you can understand how the gameplay, story, and/or characters might have redeeming aspects that you overlooked or undervalued"

I forced myself to sit through a hundred hours of FFXIII just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I can say with all certainty that the plot is nonsensical and stupid, the gameplay is flawed beyond belief, and the potential for redeeming aspects found itself removed when the crushing linearity was applied.

Can you tell me- who thought it was a good idea to auto-game-over if your lead person happened to fall? No other FF game ever did that.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.