This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just picked up ff13/ff13-2....

#81tiornysPosted 5/2/2013 12:53:42 AM
kewldude475 posted...
I'm not being pre-judgmental, I've argued with him in the past on the PSP board.

In this type of conversation, I'm usually actually speaking first for the benefit of the silent audience, and only secondarily for the benefit of the person I'm actually responding to. If they are in fact unchangeable, then at some point I'll have said everything worth saying, and there will be no point in continuing the conversation.

I've learned my lessons about trying too hard to convince a specific individual. And it only took a couple of 2000 post circular debates that consisted of nothing but each side constantly reemphasizing the same points (and occasionally summarizing the argument for the benefit of a casual visitor) for the lesson to sink in (I'm not sure if this makes me a fast or slow learner in this regard).
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#82tiornysPosted 5/2/2013 12:55:34 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"I'm sick and tired of all this FF13 hate!"

It gets hate because it was a terrible game. FFXII was a superb game...

So the fact that FFXII gets hate--often from the same people who hate FFXIII--signifies what, exactly?
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#83IHeartMetroidPosted 5/2/2013 12:55:57 AM
tiornys- since "KewlDude" is continuing to stalk me, I should point out that his last interaction with me on the PSP board was to inject himself into a topic about CABLES and post an insult. And he got modded for it.

That's what KewlDude does with regards to me.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#84kewldude475Posted 5/2/2013 12:57:12 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Oh, my stalker kewldude475 is back again?

He's been following me through random topics and just posting insults. Most of the time I only notice when someone quotes him, since he's on ignore for me.

Awww you put me on your wittle ignore list :< How cute. I can still talk about you, so all that does it make it so that you have a hard time defending yourself. Anyways, I don't stalk you (seriously, people need to stop using the term "stalking" when someone recognizes them, it's f****** stupid) I just happen to come across your unsavory posts.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZAQVsCU.gif
#85kewldude475Posted 5/2/2013 12:58:32 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
tiornys- since "KewlDude" is continuing to stalk me, I should point out that his last interaction with me on the PSP board was to inject himself into a topic about CABLES and post an insult. And he got modded for it.

That's what KewlDude does with regards to me.

All I said was "for once, IHeartMetroid makes an intelligent post." which you evidently reported. lol.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZAQVsCU.gif
#86Spiroth_KweehhPosted 5/2/2013 1:09:43 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"I'm sick and tired of all this FF13 hate!"

It gets hate because it was a terrible game. FFXII was a superb game, with excellent gameplay, a fantastic story (that actually made sense), a vast, realistic open world, vibrant towns to explore and people to interact with, and epic battles. It set the bar high, so when Square spit out FFXIII, people naturally hated it, and still do.

And for the record, a game over if the MC falls isn't a "new mechanic", it's just a stupid idea, so the foolish people trying to defend it can just stop that. It's silly.

There are tons of people who judge FINAL FANTASY XII's story and gameplay the same way as you do for FINAL FANTASY XIII.
Probably more than FINAL FANTASY XIII's.

And for the record, it is a new mechanic for the franchise.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#87Spiroth_KweehhPosted 5/2/2013 1:12:05 AM
tiornys posted...
kewldude475 posted...
I'm not being pre-judgmental, I've argued with him in the past on the PSP board.

In this type of conversation, I'm usually actually speaking first for the benefit of the silent audience, and only secondarily for the benefit of the person I'm actually responding to. If they are in fact unchangeable, then at some point I'll have said everything worth saying, and there will be no point in continuing the conversation.

I've learned my lessons about trying too hard to convince a specific individual. And it only took a couple of 2000 post circular debates that consisted of nothing but each side constantly reemphasizing the same points (and occasionally summarizing the argument for the benefit of a casual visitor) for the lesson to sink in (I'm not sure if this makes me a fast or slow learner in this regard).

I'm probably the same too.
But I'm still halfway there. :p
---
#88IHeartMetroidPosted 5/2/2013 1:12:27 AM
"And for the record, it is a new mechanic for the franchise."

Nope.

It's just a flaw.
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#89Battleship_GrayPosted 5/2/2013 1:13:41 AM
<<< Say what you want "classic ff fans" but FF13 sold a lot of copies and unlike what every likes to complain about on forums lots of people enjoyed xiii-2 and want to play lightning returns later this year too. >>>

"Sold a lot of copies" isn't really a defense. It was the first FF of a new generation that had been hyped for years, it was going to sell a lot of copies regardless.

There were scads of people who blind-bought it day-one because of the above factors. It's a certainty that a percentage of those buyers had a level of remorse.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#90Spiroth_KweehhPosted 5/2/2013 1:23:35 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"And for the record, it is a new mechanic for the franchise."

Nope.

It's just a flaw.

No, it's a mechanic.

A mechanic that is an actual flaw would be FINAL FANTASY VII's Magic Defence being irrelevant, and FINAL FANTASY IX's Battle Speed.

This is a mechanic that is a legitimate game mechanic used in other popular Turn Based RPGs like Persona.
I personally don't prefer it (or even like it), but that's a personal issue. Not everything will cater to my specific taste.
---