This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has Rockstar always been this secretive when it came to the GTA series?

#11ReDDevil2112Posted 4/28/2013 8:01:46 AM
I dont even think we saw GTAIV gameplay (like with the HUD and everything) until a few days before the game came out and people got it early and posted videos online.
---
They're a herd of people eating monsters! We can't let them have their way!!
#12akuma634Posted 4/28/2013 8:38:28 AM
Always. I don't think anybody really made a big deal until GTA3. I liked the first two games but the critics didn't pop boners until they did the same thing but in 3D. Ever since the series went big, Rockstar has been super secret about their projects. There are always rumors and leaks that might have some half truths but they keep as much info sealed until they're ready to show something to the public.
#13LeadPipeCinchePosted 4/28/2013 8:46:43 AM(edited)
HandGod posted...
LeadPipeCinche posted...
HandGod posted...
Yeah. They'd release a couple trailers with Flock of Seagulls or something blaring to tide us over, but didn't really open up all that much.

SUMMER MADNESS is hardly blaring music.

Meh, it's all good.

it was only the most awesome video preview for a game ever.

that bass hits and it just puts you in a groove.
funny thing is i dont even listen to that type of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FRa3391XQ

---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#14AyataneXPosted 5/1/2013 6:12:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15GunzleaderPosted 5/1/2013 8:03:48 AM
there worried about media backlash early and jack thompson sending letters to there mommys. so there waiting till its 80% done to reveal more. that way nothing bad happens.
---
Persona series ftw. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012