This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Atlus has released 17 games...

#1mtjormitchPosted 4/27/2013 7:18:07 PM
They have Etrian Odyssey 1 through 4. SMT Devil survivor 1 and 2 including their soon rereleases on 3DS. SMT Strange Journey, Devil Summoner one and two along with Soul Hackers, Persona 3 and 4 along with their rereleases. Catherine, Persona 4 Arena. (Developed by Arc system Works but helped massively by the Persona team.) All 3 Wii Trauma Center games and three animes, two shows and one movie series.

What has the Final Fantasy series done since the Announcement of FF13 Versus? Seriously... I think Square Enix is just lazy at this point, they aren't trying, they are just collecting royalties off the name and just doing the occiasional work on a IOS game that bombs massively and gets people to hate them more.

There are no more excuses at this point. Atlus simply has become better than Square Enix at this point. They actually release things they announce.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2CyricsServantPosted 4/27/2013 7:21:08 PM(edited)
And they'll release dozens more before FF13 Versus sees the light of day, if ever.

Seriously, that game is vaporware.
#3justchill433Posted 4/27/2013 7:41:26 PM
Implying that the amount of development that goes into an Atlus game is anywhere near how much they put into an FF. SE just keeps putting off Versus and forces the Versus team to work on other games.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#4PhaseSlaethePosted 4/27/2013 7:44:59 PM
justchill433 posted...
Implying that the amount of development that goes into an Atlus game is anywhere near how much they put into an FF. SE just keeps putting off Versus and forces the Versus team to work on other games.

And that amount of development from SE amounted to NOTHING so far.
#5justchill433Posted 4/27/2013 7:49:02 PM
justchill433 posted...

It got FF13 and 13-2 out a year earlier. Probably helped with some of SE's portable games. It sucks that Versus has been put off almost all gen (especially since it means we have to wait longer for KH3), but their other games would have suffered if Versus had been in development the whole time. So I wouldn't say it amounted to nothing.
---
*slips of cliff*
#6PhaseSlaethePosted 4/27/2013 7:49:50 PM
justchill433 posted...
justchill433 posted...

It got FF13 and 13-2 out a year earlier. Probably helped with some of SE's portable games. It sucks that Versus has been put off almost all gen (especially since it means we have to wait longer for KH3), but their other games would have suffered if Versus had been in development the whole time. So I wouldn't say it amounted to nothing.

Who even wanted the "other" games?

Nobody. In light of Versus, nobody wanted 13 and 13-2.

Hell, people only want SE to get Type-O and Versus out so they can LIKE SE again.
#7akuma634Posted 4/27/2013 7:51:25 PM
You're comparing the developer hired to make FFvs13 to a publisher that released a bunch of games made by various developers. Plus given how nuts SE is with their spending, I wouldn't be shocked if they've invested more money in FFvs13 and the FF14 overhaul then all 17 of the Atlus published titles combined.
#8PhaseSlaethePosted 4/27/2013 7:52:53 PM
akuma634 posted...
You're comparing the developer hired to make FFvs13 to a publisher that released a bunch of games made by various developers. Plus given how nuts SE is with their spending, I wouldn't be shocked if they've invested more money in FFvs13 and the FF14 overhaul then all 17 of the Atlus published titles combined.

You don't quite get what you think you do.
#9NotCeoPosted 4/27/2013 7:56:13 PM
Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Square-Enix has released well over 50 games...

Since the 2006 FF13 Versus announcement, Square-Enix has released more than 17 games that are part of the Final Fantasy franchise, not including the countless ports and remakes of classic titles.
#10justchill433Posted 4/27/2013 7:56:38 PM
justchill433 posted...
justchill433 posted...

Who even wanted the "other" games?

Nobody. In light of Versus, nobody wanted 13 and 13-2.

Hell, people only want SE to get Type-O and Versus out so they can LIKE SE again.

Besides the FF games, SE has put some pretty good stuff out. KH: BBS, TWEWY, Type-0, Bravely Default, etc... I mean I want Versus bad and think they're idiots for sitting on Versus, but my point was that FF13 probably had 20 times the budget and took maybe 4 times as long in development than Persona did, so Atlus should be able to put out a lot more games than SE.
---
*slips of cliff*