This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please recommend an arcade racer.

#1choco manPosted 4/27/2013 11:10:24 PM
I'm looking for a great arcade racer. So far I've played...

Burnout Paradise
Ridge Racer 7
Ridge Racer: Unbounded

Although I got more enjoyment out of Burnout, I'm actually not looking for another sandbox style game, so no Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Something like Ridge Racer 7 is more what I'm looking for. So with that in mind, what do you guys recommend?
---
...l...i...t...t...l...e...m...o...n...e...y...
#2NovaKaneXPosted 4/27/2013 11:19:40 PM
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
---
"I don't care! I don't give a damn, about the memory of Hulk Hogan!" - Sid Justice
#3Emi3280Posted 4/27/2013 11:24:55 PM
F-Zero.
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#4choco man(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:28:36 PM(edited)
Hot Pursuit: I was reading about Hot Pursuit and it also seems open world in the same way Burnout Paradise was. I'm looking for something with conventional tracks like Ridge Racer.

F-Zero: as a matter of fact I just bought this a month or so ago for 30 cents via the Wii U 30th anniversary of the Famicom promotion. Classic game of course, but I'm looking for something on the PS3.
---
#5The_Hungry_OnePosted 4/27/2013 11:26:17 PM
Split/Second. Awesome, awesome game!
---
Sorry, did that hurt? That "sorry" was sarcasm. I am not sorry.
#6NovaKaneXPosted 4/27/2013 11:35:00 PM
Hot Pursuit is not open world, which is one of the reasons I bought it. It has regular tracks like what you're lookin' for. The single player is challengin' if you want all gold medals and the online is fun as hell. Definitely worth checkin' out IMO.
---
"I don't care! I don't give a damn, about the memory of Hulk Hogan!" - Sid Justice
#7choco man(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:50:07 PM(edited)
^Ah, excellent. And I've seen Hot Pursuit everywhere as a greatest hits, so this will be easy to pick up.

Split/Second sounds really cool too, though. I watched a review just now, and I will probably order this next month.

That's two good ones. How about the Motorstorm games? Are those must owns?
---
#8AnthonM2Posted 4/28/2013 3:37:03 AM(edited)
Split/Second and Motorstorm: Apocalypse, both must own.
#9PHEEliNUXPosted 4/28/2013 3:41:28 AM
Is MS:Apocalypse really that good? I'm a fan of racing games that have tons of content, It is free in PS+ but don't really know if i will like it
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#10anonymous46773Posted 4/28/2013 3:56:57 AM
Split/Second was really enjoyable, even though I wish it had a bit more content.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.