This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

have you stopped psn purchases on ps3 now that they dont transfer to ps4?

#111Jinzo 111887Posted 4/28/2013 6:28:03 PM
I don't see why they can't just offer a separate plugin adapter that would let people use their PS4s to play PS1-3 games through local means. I mean, it might reduce the temptation to hack the consoles. Given how it's more PC like, it might be easier to hack. Besides, it's not like they can't use Gaikai as their own rental service in order to make sells. (Try before you buy.)
---
Earthbound is getting an internation release on Wii U this year. Giygas is going to cause nightmares worldwide.
#112Seifer_usPosted 4/28/2013 7:59:03 PM
Acquire posted...
I find it odd that some people are acting like lack of BC and non transferable PSN purchases are two separate problems. They're the same problem. PS4 can't play any games (regardless of their distribution method) made for the PS3 due to it's radically different architecture. They're not supporting it because it makes no business sense. You should be buying a PS4 to play PS4 games. Very few consoles have even had full BC with previous generations. Most PS3s don't have full BC. Really the only console that did was the PS2. Every other console with BC has only had partial BC through it's lifetime. That's just a compromise you have to accept with consoles.

Or, y'know, we could not. Just a thought. We could also refuse to buy what we deem to be an inferior product and watch it crash and burn. In this day and age, particularly when so much media can be shared across multiple devices, there's no reason to not expect the same from our home consoles. Time for them to get out of this 80's mindset they seem to be stuck in; and I say that as someone who grew up in the 80's.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#113wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 8:01:24 PM
bigjig777 posted...
Quote:bigjig777 posted...
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...
Why does everyone think this is a digital download only problem? It's not as though your PS3 disc games will work on PS4 either..

Because if your old PS3 breaks down and you buy another one, your discs will automatically work on the next one. What happens if PSN for PS3 is shut down a few years from now, your ps3 breaks down, and all your games are no longer able to be redownloaded.

And please don't say they will never shut down the ps3 version of psn, because they shut down xbox 1 and PS2 online servers. The same will happen with ps3. Also do not say "I wont care about playing old games by then!" This isn't directed to the disposable gamer types, this is directed towards the collectors who want to enjoy the games they purchased for the rest of their lives.

Fair enough point. Sooner or later Sony are going to stop manufacturing PS3s though, which would make just buying a new one a tough proposition. Whether or not that will happen before Sony shuts down PSN I don't know, but I just think it's a fallacy to think having a physical disc is a magic iron clad guarantee that you'll be able to play a game forever.

More iron clad than console digital downloads provide. I still buy NES and SNES games on ebay, what, 20 years later? So yea, more faith in physical games here. Can you still download those online exclusive BS Snes games?

@wheepitup

But you can still buy digital copies of those classic NES and SNES on Nintendo's virtual console for a lot cheaper than what you can compared to a rare physical copy off of ebay. So yeah, not really seeing your point there..

Umm the Wii Virtual Console is nowhere near a complete replacement, they are missing so many games.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg
#114Seifer_usPosted 4/28/2013 8:02:35 PM
KarnRX78 posted...
Man I've missed out on some great games since I stopped buying consoles when SNES wouldn't play NES games. . .

That was the early 90's, this is today. The standard for consoles has changed ever since the PS2 set that bar a bit higher. Get with the times.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#115spacejamjordanzPosted 4/28/2013 8:04:21 PM
I hardly buy games from PSN or XBL anymore. Actually I have found myself stockpiling on games this year.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#116IChangedMyNamePosted 4/28/2013 10:48:06 PM
KarnRX78 posted...
Man I've missed out on some great games since I stopped buying consoles when SNES wouldn't play NES games. . .

I've said it once already in this topic, and I'll say it again so people who think like you can realize how dumb what they have said is.

For two companies always trying to move forward with features and technology such as 'streaming' and even 'pizza hut apps' or just blu ray itself.... They sure seem to lack the advancements in technology and features to include this easy to implement idea?

But wait! Pizza hut has priorities? Netflix? STREAMING my ps3 games? Would save them and us a lot of trouble if it could just PLAY ps3 games.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#117wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 11:12:19 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
KarnRX78 posted...

I've said it once already in this topic, and I'll say it again so people who think like you can realize how dumb what they have said is.

For two companies always trying to move forward with features and technology such as 'streaming' and even 'pizza hut apps' or just blu ray itself.... They sure seem to lack the advancements in technology and features to include this easy to implement idea?

But wait! Pizza hut has priorities? Netflix? STREAMING my ps3 games? Would save them and us a lot of trouble if it could just PLAY ps3 games.

Hahaha you are making me think this world is truly turning into Idiocracy if these fanboys would defend a pizza hut app over having backwards compatibility.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg
#118AnonUnknownPosted 4/29/2013 3:06:07 AM
wheepitup posted...
And please don't say they will never shut down the ps3 version of psn, because they shut down xbox 1 and PS2 online servers.

For Xbox1, they shut down everything, that's correct. But for PS2, only the game servers were shut down, the PSN itself (the one you can configure through Network Access Disc) is still active. But yeah, it's pretty much useless.
#119Lord_XandrosPosted 4/29/2013 8:45:23 AM
It's embarassing how this is a problem for some people.

Guys, it's the PS4, not the PS4321. I don't quite understand how it can't play PS1 games since I'm sure Sony could whip up an emulator for it quite simply (I mean, the PSP PS1 emulator was tiny in size and works well), but I know that a PS2 emulator is quite a stretch and a PS3 emulator is just unorthadox and silly to consider, but whatever, I still have my working PS1.

And PS2.

And currently PS3.

Some of you must live in terrible conditions if your consoles break so often. I mean, I've played the crap out of my PS2 since EU release day and the only proble was the DRE, which was fixed by opening her up and and cleaning the vast amount of built up dust from inside, and the lens. I'm sure some of you who have stated your lens broke didn't even try cleaning it, or any kind of housekeeping.

I also understand the early PS3 issues with the YLOD, but you know the risks now. If you're still grasping on the PS2 capabilities of the old PS3s, then you shouldn't be suprised when no-one cares.

Old PS1s and PS2s are as cheap as two days of lunch now. What's the problem? Oh, not enough space? Damn, if only there were some sort of device that could increase the amount of inputs to your TV.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#120king_maddenPosted 4/29/2013 8:56:45 AM
IChangedMyName posted...
KarnRX78 posted...

problem with your thinking is, moving forward doesnt mean supporting the past. could they add it, yep, would it make the console more expensive, also yes. like you said it would be easy to implement, but it costs more and isnt worth it. more people would buy a console cause its cheap and lacks bc, rather than buying one that costs more that has BC