This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

have you stopped psn purchases on ps3 now that they dont transfer to ps4?

#21AnonUnknownPosted 4/28/2013 9:23:11 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
ok so ps4 is going to stream .............but how is ps4 gonna know what games you own if they are not transferable

you gotta buy them again''''

that means you DONT own the games tied to your account once ps4 is released

Well, you still "own" them on PS3. Inb4youbuythelicensenotthegame.
#22Godly_GoofPosted 4/28/2013 9:37:00 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
ok so ps4 is going to stream .............but how is ps4 gonna know what games you own if they are not transferable

you gotta buy them again''''

that means you DONT own the games tied to your account once ps4 is released

Well, you still "own" them on PS3. Inb4youbuythelicensenotthegame.

Ya but people want them in the PS4 not the PS3 :/

And what inb4? That pretty much proves just how little of the game you own O_o
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#23JohnHitman47Posted 4/28/2013 9:38:46 AM
Not yet.
First i need to buy Dead island riptide, The last of us and GTA V, then i will stop buying PS3 games and wait for the PS4.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#24psprulz2007Posted 4/28/2013 9:52:15 AM
Why would I stop buying games for a system I own? Oh because Ill be getting a ps4 eventually? Yup I should NOT buy any games on psn because I cant play them on ps4. Guess the only logical thing to do is buying everything physical that way when the ps4 comes out I can....no wait still cant play ps3 games on the ps4.

Whats the point of this thread? Ill have my ps3 to play ps3 games if they are digital or physical. Am I suppose to NOT buy games I want because of this?
---
PSN(ps3+Vita)+GT= FeelinKorny
#25Godly_GoofPosted 4/28/2013 9:55:37 AM
psprulz2007 posted...
Why would I stop buying games for a system I own? Oh because Ill be getting a ps4 eventually? Yup I should NOT buy any games on psn because I cant play them on ps4. Guess the only logical thing to do is buying everything physical that way when the ps4 comes out I can....no wait still cant play ps3 games on the ps4.

Whats the point of this thread? Ill have my ps3 to play ps3 games if they are digital or physical. Am I suppose to NOT buy games I want because of this?

Because theirs no logical reason they can't transfer the digital games over? Because theirs no logical reason why the PS4 can't play them? Because not everyone wants to have 2 consoles out when they should only need 1?

I can go on like this if you want.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#26axelfooley2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 10:09:45 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
psprulz2007 posted...

Because theirs no logical reason they can't transfer the digital games over? Because theirs no logical reason why the PS4 can't play them? Because not everyone wants to have 2 consoles out when they should only need 1?

I can go on like this if you want.

Yea........exactly my point
---
CAREFULL MANNNN, There's a Beverage Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#27Taran_McDohlPosted 4/28/2013 10:17:42 AM
Its not that hard to fathom that you might keep your ps3? I plan on having my ps3 and my ps4 side by side....one in each HDMI slot. See how that works?
---
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#28don_juan_darkoPosted 4/28/2013 10:23:21 AM
Its not that hard to fathom that you might keep your ps3? I plan on having my ps3 and my ps4 side by side....one in each HDMI slot. See how that works?

True, but how long is Sony going to maintain a separate side of PSN just for the PS3?

Don't be surprised if it's phased out within the year after the PS4s release.
#29DarthNAS4Posted 4/28/2013 10:26:46 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
yea it realllllly pisses me off that the games i own that are on the hdd are not transferable

i feel that they should be tied to your account and once you buy them you own them

But you don't own them. You hold a license to play them, you hold no ownership. Read your EULA.
---
"The most excellent struggle is that for the conquest of self."
~Prophet Muhammad
#30AiuchiFanboiPosted 4/28/2013 10:30:24 AM
don_juan_darko posted...

True, but how long is Sony going to maintain a separate side of PSN just for the PS3?

Don't be surprised if it's phased out within the year after the PS4s release.

They still run a seperate side for PSP...
---
If you bought a VITA after 3/29 or are buying one before 5/10, then PM me for a referal link to SONY for a free $20 PSN gift card.