This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

have you stopped psn purchases on ps3 now that they dont transfer to ps4?

#41axelfooley2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 11:22:50 AM
CronoDyne posted...
It's both hilarious and quite sickening that people are actually justifying this moronic move. Sony has been pushing and pushing and pushing digital content down our throats for the past 2 and a half years, comes out with their new system and.. it can't play already purchased PSN titles? There is no reasoning behind this.

So no, I won't stop PSN purchases. I just won't buy the PS4.

im with you
buying anything on the psn and then carrying over your account to ps4 only to have them say to you all the cash you gave them you have to do again to play them on ps4

i cant believe more people are not pissed
---
CAREFULL MANNNN, There's a Beverage Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#42methosagainPosted 4/28/2013 11:24:15 AM
psprulz2007 posted...
Why would I stop buying games for a system I own? Oh because Ill be getting a ps4 eventually? Yup I should NOT buy any games on psn because I cant play them on ps4. Guess the only logical thing to do is buying everything physical that way when the ps4 comes out I can....no wait still cant play ps3 games on the ps4.

Whats the point of this thread? Ill have my ps3 to play ps3 games if they are digital or physical. Am I suppose to NOT buy games I want because of this?

Here is the thing though, will you still own a PS3 in 15 years? In 20? That is the issue at hand here with not just the PS4 but DD in general. Console makers need to address issues such as this, because at this point why should In buy digital games if they cannot guarantee me that I will be able to play them in the future? Look at the Ipod platform, music and movies I bought way back in 2002 still work on the new hardware, I have zero worries that my purchases will be lost any time soon due to incompatibility issues. Same with books I buy for my Kindle. Then there is Steam, I am pretty confident that 15 years from now, my Steam purchases will still be easily found and transferable to any new PC hardware I buy. Console makers are simply behind the curve here and being anti-consumer, that is the reality of the issue here.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#43crazyman32Posted 4/28/2013 11:29:09 AM
No,since I am keeping my PS3.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#44wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 11:29:10 AM
Those who are saying, "ITS OK CAUSE I'LL STILL HAVE MY PS3!" are being really short sighted. What happens in like 5 years from now if your PS3 breaks down and Sony decides to shut off the PS3 portion of PSN? How will you get the games you purchased back?

This is why I spend as little money as possible on DD only games and usually only when they are under $10. I don't want a large chunk invested in something I don't own. I've been saying this for years and always got insuklted for this viewpoint. So honestly I can't wait till people start crying about losing the ability to play their games so I can say a big....fat.... I TOLD YOU SO!
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg
#45THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/28/2013 11:35:49 AM
Too many people are saying the what ifs, butwhats, or maybes senario.

Until it actually becomes an issue which for now and the forseeable future it's not. I'll kept my PS2 to play PS2 games (Still works) and keeping my PS3 to play Ps3 games (Plays PS2/PS3 games and still work).
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#46king_maddenPosted 4/28/2013 11:39:09 AM
wheepitup posted...
Those who are saying, "ITS OK CAUSE I'LL STILL HAVE MY PS3!" are being really short sighted. What happens in like 5 years from now if your PS3 breaks down and Sony decides to shut off the PS3 portion of PSN? How will you get the games you purchased back?

This is why I spend as little money as possible on DD only games and usually only when they are under $10. I don't want a large chunk invested in something I don't own. I've been saying this for years and always got insuklted for this viewpoint. So honestly I can't wait till people start crying about losing the ability to play their games so I can say a big....fat.... I TOLD YOU SO!

problem is the vast majority of gamers dont keep their games forever anyway. I know this is a huge problem for some, but for most it isnt. most people go into it knowing they are going to have them forever. I cant remember the last time I kept a retail game for longer than 3-5 months.

just like every purchase, its not always about keeping it forever and ever, its about buying it and getting all the enjoyment out of it you wanted. so whether its some shoes that last you a few months, a club shirt that lasts you one great night, a car that last you 5 years (which is weird people will complain about a digital game lasting only 5 years and calling it a waste, but it that $10,000 car lasts 10 they figure it was a good run.) not saying you just saying some think like that.

so you go ahead and yell "i told you so", chances are the people you yell it to wont be listening because they've already moved on to the next thing.
#47ManuKesnaPosted 4/28/2013 11:40:43 AM
big....fat

hehehe funny coming from you :o
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#48wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 11:41:12 AM
king_madden posted...
wheepitup posted...

problem is the vast majority of gamers dont keep their games forever anyway. I know this is a huge problem for some, but for most it isnt. most people go into it knowing they are going to have them forever. I cant remember the last time I kept a retail game for longer than 3-5 months.

just like every purchase, its not always about keeping it forever and ever, its about buying it and getting all the enjoyment out of it you wanted. so whether its some shoes that last you a few months, a club shirt that lasts you one great night, a car that last you 5 years (which is weird people will complain about a digital game lasting only 5 years and calling it a waste, but it that $10,000 car lasts 10 they figure it was a good run.) not saying you just saying some think like that.

so you go ahead and yell "i told you so", chances are the people you yell it to wont be listening because they've already moved on to the next thing.

I think people who can't go back and enjoy games like Contra, Super Metroid, ect. to be pretty lame. People who won't replay a 5 year old game are even lamer.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg
#49king_maddenPosted 4/28/2013 12:00:14 PM
wheepitup posted...
king_madden posted...
wheepitup posted...

I think people who can't go back and enjoy games like Contra, Super Metroid, ect. to be pretty lame. People who won't replay a 5 year old game are even lamer.

lol i dont think anyone is going to lose any sleep because a random gamer think they're "lame" for not playing a game they dont care for.

there are a lot of people who can go back and play those games, thing is they just dont care too, for numerous reasons, I personally could play contra right now, but I didnt love it enough to just have the urge to play it. 99% of the games I play, after I beat them, or do everything i wanted to do in them, its time to move on.
#50CollinityPosted 4/28/2013 1:06:19 PM
Keep you ps3 is the solution ?
Did I stop buying nes game because they wont transfert to my Snes ?
Did I stop buying Snes game because they wont transfert to my n64 ?