This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

have you stopped psn purchases on ps3 now that they dont transfer to ps4?

#51yahya_no_1Posted 4/28/2013 12:11:00 PM
Yup, from now on I get them on stream for cheaper and longer life cycle , if it's not on psn+ I don't get it
---
PSN:yahyano1
#52SixSixSevenEighPosted 4/28/2013 12:12:45 PM
Collinity posted...
Keep you ps3 is the solution ?
Did I stop buying nes game because they wont transfert to my Snes ?
Did I stop buying Snes game because they wont transfert to my n64 ?

Yes while true, it's a matter of convenience.

The PS4 is more than capable of emulating PS3 games and there is no reason for Sony not to allow that.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#53AlltraPosted 4/28/2013 12:13:23 PM
No, but then I rarely buy things off PSN anyway.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#54Shin_GallonPosted 4/28/2013 12:15:51 PM
No, because I'm probably not getting a PS4 (or any other console, ever again, I'm basically PC/handhelds only at this point).
#55Yaboy125Posted 4/28/2013 12:16:59 PM
No, but it definitely will keep me from being an early adopter of the PS4.

Lack of backwards compatibility is just a huge middle finger to the people who, like me, switched over to digital distribution in hopes that a DIGITAL library would still transfer, even if the next system couldn't read blu-rays. Also, and this still pisses me off, why the **** do they charge the same price for DD as a hard copy? No shipping costs, no manufacturing cost, just the server cost. It saved them a LOT of money, and they passed exactly 0% of the savings along.

Not to mention digital distribution is a LOT slower to drop the price. Games that have been $40 for awhile, brand new, are still $60 on PSN. Yeah, I'm totally going to spend an extra $20 so I don't have to go to the store. **** you Sony.
---
Have you read the Old Testament? **** goes down in that. -RinkuTanuki
#56AlltraPosted 4/28/2013 12:18:58 PM
That's precisely why they didn't. They didn't push DD to save YOU money, they did it so THEY could make MORE money.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#57blingusPosted 4/28/2013 12:33:55 PM(edited)
To answer the TC's question: no, I will still purchase digital content from PSN.

I'm sure to keep at least 1 of my 2 PS3's but I also don't see Sony pulling PS3 servers down for at least another 3-5 years AFTER (or if) the PS4 becomes a success.

I also believe that with Sony's whole DD strategy and ambitious nature, they are going to allow previously purchased PSN games to be streamed through Gaikai/PS4 sooner or later. It may not be ideal, as some feel that we may have to re-purchase the content, others feel it should be freely transferable, but I have a feeling they might do like a 99 cent thing to convert previously purchased content from PS3 PSN to PS4 Gaikai.

But we really won't know for sure until an ACCURATE statement from Sony is announced regarding this situation. And lastly even if Sony makes a "clear" statement regarding transfers, things could definitely change depending on the market penetration of the PS4 a year or two or even three after its release. Remember the removal of "Install Other OS"?
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#58hellawaits12Posted 4/28/2013 12:22:58 PM
No.
I stopped buying psn stuff because there's too much for me to buy atm and it seems they keep coming out with even more dlc/ digital games.
I can't imagine what the ps4 is gonna look like when it has a full library + all the dlc that comes with it.
Also BC isn't such a huge problem for me as I don't mind having more than one console to play on, I enjoy collection these things.
---
"Never should have come here now you're gonna pay!"
#59BasilVZeroPosted 4/28/2013 12:25:44 PM
I havent bought any PSN titles for my PS3 but I expect to have my PS3 a lot longer than most people expect to have their own especially since its not that old (bought it in winter 2011).

I might get some titles not sure.
---
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BasilZero
#60Rolling_StonedPosted 4/28/2013 12:56:05 PM
Why does nobody understand that is a completely different architecture between the PS3 and the PS4?!?!

Why do PC games not work in the PS3? They're video games, like c'mon? And it's so lame my PS3 won't play xbox games!! The same game is out on PS3, WTF man!!

You completely understand the answers to the 2nd questions, why doesn't it work for the top question???
---
PSN: Soapy_Stowned