This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

have you stopped psn purchases on ps3 now that they dont transfer to ps4?

#61CollinityPosted 4/28/2013 2:00:38 PM
SixSixSevenEigh posted...

The PS4 is more than capable of emulating PS3 games and there is no reason for Sony not to allow that.

TRUE !!! SAD REALITY !
#62MoooglemanPosted 4/28/2013 2:20:47 PM
Gamers now are so entitled I didn't even think of this when game snes came out or n64 and so on. PS3 had backwards compatibility and cost a fortune they took out the bc to lower prices and more ps3's sold. If you wanna double the price of the ps4 so it can play ps3 games thats just silly. Digital or not ps4 isn't cell and won't run the same way a ps3 does. Just like the ps3 didn't play ps2 games. PS2 is the only fully backwards compatible system it isn't the norm it is the exception. Modern PC's can be annoying to get older games working on for the same reasons.

Some one compared ipods it's the same freaking device and idea behind it it plays the same media types. It's like getting a new ipod and saying where do i put my cd in? You don't it doesn't work get over it.
#63harcoreblazerPosted 4/28/2013 2:21:36 PM
Yeah, because the PS3 will magically vanish after the PS4 releases.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#64MoooglemanPosted 4/28/2013 2:23:24 PM
Collinity posted...
Keep you ps3 is the solution ?
Did I stop buying nes game because they wont transfert to my Snes ?
Did I stop buying Snes game because they wont transfert to my n64 ?

Yes while true, it's a matter of convenience.

The PS4 is more than capable of emulating PS3 games and there is no reason for Sony not to allow that.

Please explain how to make the cell architecture work on the ps4 i'm interested
#65AnonUnknownPosted 4/28/2013 2:30:48 PM
Collinity posted...
Keep you ps3 is the solution ?
Did I stop buying nes game because they wont transfert to my Snes ?
Did I stop buying Snes game because they wont transfert to my n64 ?

Yes while true, it's a matter of convenience.

How can you emulate PowerPC on x86?
#66zespairPosted 4/28/2013 2:54:46 PM
Nope, though i am disappointed the PS4 wont transfer them..... i doubt I'll buy a PS4 unless they change that.
---
Zespair
PSNID:Zespair
#67mogar002Posted 4/28/2013 2:55:32 PM
No because despite what people on GameFAQs say, my PS3 will not explode the second the PS4 is released.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#68Heracross17Posted 4/28/2013 2:57:34 PM
No . Just because the PS4 can't play them doesn't make the PS3 any worse. These systems will last for another 20 years.
---
HG FC: 2666 6874 1041
Black FC: 1764 7784 9186
#69PangLaPosted 4/28/2013 3:01:52 PM
wheepitup posted...
Those who are saying, "ITS OK CAUSE I'LL STILL HAVE MY PS3!" are being really short sighted. What happens in like 5 years from now if your PS3 breaks down and Sony decides to shut off the PS3 portion of PSN? How will you get the games you purchased back?

This is why I spend as little money as possible on DD only games and usually only when they are under $10. I don't want a large chunk invested in something I don't own. I've been saying this for years and always got insuklted for this viewpoint. So honestly I can't wait till people start crying about losing the ability to play their games so I can say a big....fat.... I TOLD YOU SO!

If Sony is to ever shut down the server, they would warn everyone to back up their contents to a hard drive, common sense.
#70thisranksPosted 4/28/2013 3:03:24 PM
Acquire posted...
I find it odd that some people are acting like lack of BC and non transferable PSN purchases are two separate problems. They're the same problem. PS4 can't play any games (regardless of their distribution method) made for the PS3 due to it's radically different architecture. They're not supporting it because it makes no business sense. You should be buying a PS4 to play PS4 games. Very few consoles have even had full BC with previous generations. Most PS3s don't have full BC. Really the only console that did was the PS2. Every other console with BC has only had partial BC through it's lifetime. That's just a compromise you have to accept with consoles.

PS2 wasn't 100% B/C. The physical copy of Grandia doesn't run correctly on PS2. There are other examples as well on us.playstation.com then search for PS2 B/C. There's a list there.
---
She blinded me with region ....
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW