This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

have you stopped psn purchases on ps3 now that they dont transfer to ps4?

#71IChangedMyNamePosted 4/28/2013 2:03:56 PM
No, I've not stopped.

I've decided the Wii U is the only worthwhile console.

PS4 sounds like a joke and Sony should be ashamed for even trying to offer PS3 streaming and lack of account transfer.

And come this 21st, I'll see is MS decides to be a joke too.

Next gen is looking like a real bummer for me, I've never been this disappointed in the newer systems announced. I may actually just NOT buy them until half way into the cycle depending on any changes they could make.

Which to me is a first, I've been in line day 1 since the NES.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#72Jinzo 111887Posted 4/28/2013 2:06:17 PM
But you don't own them. You hold a license to play them, you hold no ownership. Read your EULA.

EULA means nothing if it's illegal. Example, Europe rule used digital sales legal, so if you live in Europe and they tell you you can't resell digital games in the EULA means you can sue the company, not that you're not allowed to resell your old games
I find it odd that some people are acting like lack of BC and non transferable PSN purchases are two separate problems. They're the same problem. PS4 can't play any games (regardless of their distribution method) made for the PS3 due to it's radically different architecture. They're not supporting it because it makes no business sense. You should be buying a PS4 to play PS4 games. Very few consoles have even had full BC with previous generations. Most PS3s don't have full BC. Really the only console that did was the PS2. Every other console with BC has only had partial BC through it's lifetime. That's just a compromise you have to accept with consoles.

Playstation 2, Early PS3s, Wii (up until a year or two ago), Wii U, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS/DS lite, Nintendo 3ds, Sega Genesis with add-on, Old Atari consoles, SNES with Retroport addon, even PCs have some support for older games.
Too many people are saying the what ifs, butwhats, or maybes senario.

Until it actually becomes an issue which for now and the forseeable future it's not. I'll kept my PS2 to play PS2 games (Still works) and keeping my PS3 to play Ps3 games (Plays PS2/PS3 games and still work).

It's not an if, it's a WHEN. I had both my Gamecube and Wii disc drives break on me, and your PS3s internal hard drive won't last forever. Overtime, it will corrupt.
Why does nobody understand that is a completely different architecture between the PS3 and the PS4?!?!

Why do PC games not work in the PS3? They're video games, like c'mon? And it's so lame my PS3 won't play xbox games!! The same game is out on PS3, WTF man!!

You completely understand the answers to the 2nd questions, why doesn't it work for the top question???

Couldn't the same be said about the SNES and Game Boy. Yet Nintendo still managed to pull it off with a plug-in adapter called a Super Game Boy.
---
Earthbound is getting an internation release on Wii U this year. Giygas is going to cause nightmares worldwide.
#73CooperRCPosted 4/28/2013 2:11:05 PM(edited)
I have actually never made a PSN purchase anyway and this decision by Sony just makes me think that I made the correct decision. The only safe download service seems to exist on the PC.....

People always says that you can just keep your PS3 hooked up, but the reality is that YLOD can hit you at any time and eventually you will not be able to get a new PS3.

In any case, I will definitely not be buying a launch day PS4 because of Sony's decision. It may even take multiple years before there are enough games that I really want to play on the system. I am also considering just sticking with my current consoles and going to the PC for any new gaming from that point forward.
#74AldathPosted 4/28/2013 2:13:45 PM
psprulz2007 posted...
Why would I stop buying games for a system I own? Oh because Ill be getting a ps4 eventually? Yup I should NOT buy any games on psn because I cant play them on ps4. Guess the only logical thing to do is buying everything physical that way when the ps4 comes out I can....no wait still cant play ps3 games on the ps4.

Whats the point of this thread? Ill have my ps3 to play ps3 games if they are digital or physical. Am I suppose to NOT buy games I want because of this?

1.- Because you need to open your danged eyes and see not all the world is the first country economic empire USA is, the other 80% of the world sometimes sells old consoles in order to get new ones, grow up a little on your world economy culture :)

2.- That Wii Console end the 360 that people criticizes so much CAN retro-play ^^ This PS4 is starting to sound like just another Wii U :D
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#75kain611Posted 4/28/2013 2:15:19 PM
Asking this question is like asking are you going to stop buying NES games when the SNES comes out seeing how NES games won't play on it. Um no I will still have my NES/PS3 to play the games I want.
---
Not changing till the Cubs win a World Series. Started 8/02/07. Live for something or die for nothing.
#76AldathPosted 4/28/2013 2:23:18 PM
kain611 posted...
Asking this question is like asking are you going to stop buying NES games when the SNES comes out seeing how NES games won't play on it. Um no I will still have my NES/PS3 to play the games I want.

That was PAST HARDWARE.
Back then they had many limitations :) We're talking new gen here.
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#77SS_MetalSonicPosted 4/28/2013 2:29:17 PM
I am about to buy jak and daxter hd remix and trine 2 . I am keeping my PS3 and will play it when I want to play PS3 games.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#78CammyApplePosted 4/28/2013 2:30:17 PM
I stopped because the store became a slow laggy mess.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#79Still__RippinPosted 4/28/2013 2:32:00 PM
Just added the sweet Tomb Raider bundle for $30 to my hard drive. Why exactly would l stop playing PS3 games just because PS4 is coming out? Are you one of those people who somehow can't save enough money for the PS4 so you need to sell your PS3? That's just silly.
---
^^^^^^^^
Don't like what's up there? Don't read it. .
#80bigjig777Posted 4/28/2013 3:08:04 PM
Why does everyone think this is a digital download only problem? It's not as though your PS3 disc games will work on PS4 either..
---
Be water, my friend