This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

have you stopped psn purchases on ps3 now that they dont transfer to ps4?

#81wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 4:16:27 PM
bigjig777 posted...
Why does everyone think this is a digital download only problem? It's not as though your PS3 disc games will work on PS4 either..

Because if your old PS3 breaks down and you buy another one, your discs will automatically work on the next one. What happens if PSN for PS3 is shut down a few years from now, your ps3 breaks down, and all your games are no longer able to be redownloaded.

And please don't say they will never shut down the ps3 version of psn, because they shut down xbox 1 and PS2 online servers. The same will happen with ps3. Also do not say "I wont care about playing old games by then!" This isn't directed to the disposable gamer types, this is directed towards the collectors who want to enjoy the games they purchased for the rest of their lives.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg
#82king_maddenPosted 4/28/2013 4:36:43 PM
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...
Why does everyone think this is a digital download only problem? It's not as though your PS3 disc games will work on PS4 either..

Because if your old PS3 breaks down and you buy another one, your discs will automatically work on the next one. What happens if PSN for PS3 is shut down a few years from now, your ps3 breaks down, and all your games are no longer able to be redownloaded.

And please don't say they will never shut down the ps3 version of psn, because they shut down xbox 1 and PS2 online servers. The same will happen with ps3. Also do not say "I wont care about playing old games by then!" This isn't directed to the disposable gamer types, this is directed towards the collectors who want to enjoy the games they purchased for the rest of their lives.

but they are the minority, business always cater to the majority, so I guess the minority will have to sit back and take it.

oh and what if your game breaks? or you lose it?
#83bigjig777Posted 4/28/2013 4:36:43 PM
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...

Fair enough point. Sooner or later Sony are going to stop manufacturing PS3s though, which would make just buying a new one a tough proposition. Whether or not that will happen before Sony shuts down PSN I don't know, but I just think it's a fallacy to think having a physical disc is a magic iron clad guarantee that you'll be able to play a game forever.
---
Be water, my friend
#84crazyman32Posted 4/28/2013 4:37:58 PM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
I stopped because the store became a slow laggy mess.

You can use the PC store instead since it's lagging on your PS3.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#85crazyman32Posted 4/28/2013 4:39:11 PM
mogar002 posted...
No because despite what people on GameFAQs say, my PS3 will not explode the second the PS4 is released.

Yeah I am not getting rid of my PS3 anytime soon.
---
I apologize for nothing.
#86king_maddenPosted 4/28/2013 4:40:31 PM
SixSixSevenEigh posted...
Collinity posted...
Keep you ps3 is the solution ?
Did I stop buying nes game because they wont transfert to my Snes ?
Did I stop buying Snes game because they wont transfert to my n64 ?

Yes while true, it's a matter of convenience.

The PS4 is more than capable of emulating PS3 games and there is no reason for Sony not to allow that.

so because you dont know why, you automatically say "theres no reason for it".

even if they come out and just said "because its a ps4 and we want you to only play ps4 games on it". should be fine, I love that companies are asked to build this amazing machine that they are asked to put so much money into just so people can complain how much it costs, yet when they take away things people who have no idea how any of it works can say "theres no reason for that".

I will ask you though, what parts of the ps4 make it capable of emulating ps3 games?
#87crazyman32Posted 4/28/2013 4:40:37 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
Yeah, because the PS3 will magically vanish after the PS4 releases.

Yeah from reading some of the posts on here they act like the PS3 won't exist anymore.
---
I apologize for nothing.
#88MourningReignsPosted 4/28/2013 4:41:39 PM
No, because I wont be buying a PS4.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#89srxog4ps3Posted 4/28/2013 4:44:07 PM(edited)
WIth exception of NES, I still have all the consoles I have ever bought. Yeah, that include good old SNES, and the original PlayStation. I will continue this trend with PS3 as well to keep play games on my PS3.
#90AnonUnknownPosted 4/28/2013 4:42:30 PM
crazyman32 posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
Yeah, because the PS3 will magically vanish after the PS4 releases.

Yeah from reading some of the posts on here they act like the PS3 won't exist anymore.

This, and that PSN will shut down in a week.