This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

have you stopped psn purchases on ps3 now that they dont transfer to ps4?

#91wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 4:44:37 PM
king_madden posted...
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...
Why does everyone think this is a digital download only problem? It's not as though your PS3 disc games will work on PS4 either..

Because if your old PS3 breaks down and you buy another one, your discs will automatically work on the next one. What happens if PSN for PS3 is shut down a few years from now, your ps3 breaks down, and all your games are no longer able to be redownloaded.

And please don't say they will never shut down the ps3 version of psn, because they shut down xbox 1 and PS2 online servers. The same will happen with ps3. Also do not say "I wont care about playing old games by then!" This isn't directed to the disposable gamer types, this is directed towards the collectors who want to enjoy the games they purchased for the rest of their lives.

but they are the minority, business always cater to the majority, so I guess the minority will have to sit back and take it.

oh and what if your game breaks? or you lose it?

Proof that they are the minority? And none of my physical copies have broken, and if they did you could find a replacement copy on ebay. You can't get a replacement psn game on ebay if theres no more psn. Think.
---
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
Me - http://i.imgur.com/MgPIx3U.jpg
#92AldathPosted 4/28/2013 4:44:38 PM
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...
Why does everyone think this is a digital download only problem? It's not as though your PS3 disc games will work on PS4 either..

Because if your old PS3 breaks down and you buy another one, your discs will automatically work on the next one. What happens if PSN for PS3 is shut down a few years from now, your ps3 breaks down, and all your games are no longer able to be redownloaded.

And please don't say they will never shut down the ps3 version of psn, because they shut down xbox 1 and PS2 online servers. The same will happen with ps3. Also do not say "I wont care about playing old games by then!" This isn't directed to the disposable gamer types, this is directed towards the collectors who want to enjoy the games they purchased for the rest of their lives.

It's the mentality that's splitting America, "if it doesn't affects me, why should I care?". It helped speed up the downfall of the mexican economic-political system, and now its befaling on american society, where's the union?

Gamers these days are all about the hardware it seems; if it has pretty graphics, it's a must buy.

Don't you see the problem this is? The abuse of power? They want you to buy things twice. You'll see, they'll re-release PS3 games for the PS4 console, same as they've been doing with PS3 for PS4; at a price more than questionable.

Tough Sony is not the only one who's doing it, at least Nintendo doesn't abuse prices; I have been getting great games for less than a lunch at school, and I can still play my Wii and DS titles. MS did a similar job, but with less than abusive results.

Why Sony does this? Because the people that can afford said consoles are an elite who have no prolem wasting away their money on stuff they don't need.

You PS3 won't be there for eternity, and even if you manage to repair it, the servers won't. That's how bad online-multiplayer is getting; now you NEED a connection to eonjoy more than 20 multiplayer modes with people you don't know, and some day the servers will eventually close leaving you with a carcass of a game and console; before, you only needed 3 other controllers to enjoy several multiplayers mode, and you could screw closed servers; you had 3 friends at your side having fun.

Smile while you can, fanboys.
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#93wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 4:46:00 PM
bigjig777 posted...
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...

Fair enough point. Sooner or later Sony are going to stop manufacturing PS3s though, which would make just buying a new one a tough proposition. Whether or not that will happen before Sony shuts down PSN I don't know, but I just think it's a fallacy to think having a physical disc is a magic iron clad guarantee that you'll be able to play a game forever.

More iron clad than console digital downloads provide. I still buy NES and SNES games on ebay, what, 20 years later? So yea, more faith in physical games here. Can you still download those online exclusive BS Snes games?
---
#94kel25Posted 4/28/2013 4:47:54 PM
I will still buy really cheap PSN games that I think I will play once or twice but don't think I will have an interest in years down the road.

I've stopped buying a lot of games and I pretty pissed that a lot of the games I bought with the intention of having a digital library are completely useless. Because of this and the current direction of gaming I have no intention of buying a PS4 at launch, if I ever do get one.
#95wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 4:48:18 PM
Aldath posted...
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...

It's the mentality that's splitting America, "if it doesn't affects me, why should I care?". It helped speed up the downfall of the mexican economic-political system, and now its befaling on american society, where's the union?

Gamers these days are all about the hardware it seems; if it has pretty graphics, it's a must buy.

Don't you see the problem this is? The abuse of power? They want you to buy things twice. You'll see, they'll re-release PS3 games for the PS4 console, same as they've been doing with PS3 for PS4; at a price more than questionable.

Tough Sony is not the only one who's doing it, at least Nintendo doesn't abuse prices; I have been getting great games for less than a lunch at school, and I can still play my Wii and DS titles. MS did a similar job, but with less than abusive results.

Why Sony does this? Because the people that can afford said consoles are an elite who have no prolem wasting away their money on stuff they don't need.

You PS3 won't be there for eternity, and even if you manage to repair it, the servers won't. That's how bad online-multiplayer is getting; now you NEED a connection to eonjoy more than 20 multiplayer modes with people you don't know, and some day the servers will eventually close leaving you with a carcass of a game and console; before, you only needed 3 other controllers to enjoy several multiplayers mode, and you could screw closed servers; you had 3 friends at your side having fun.

Yep and if gaming gets worse than it is now, I will say bye bye to gaming and enjoy my 1000+ collection of games from the glory days. And about multiplayer games. It's such a shame almost all MP focused games do not even have a LAN option for gamers to still enjoy the multiplayer after the online servers are long gone.
---
#96wheepitupPosted 4/28/2013 4:49:28 PM
AnonUnknown posted...
crazyman32 posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
Yeah, because the PS3 will magically vanish after the PS4 releases.

Yeah from reading some of the posts on here they act like the PS3 won't exist anymore.

This, and that PSN will shut down in a week.

Maybe not a week, but a couple of years yea. Not everyone is an ADHD little **** who only plays the newest games.
---
#97iveriadPosted 4/28/2013 4:55:06 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
yea it realllllly pisses me off that the games i own that are on the hdd are not transferable

i feel that they should be tied to your account and once you buy them you own them

You can't even play PS3 Blu-Ray games on PS4.
So....I don't see a difference between physical or digital.
Both can't be played on PS4.
---
"There is no justice in using and deceiving people!"
#98king_maddenPosted 4/28/2013 5:05:51 PM
wheepitup posted...
king_madden posted...
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...

but they are the minority, business always cater to the majority, so I guess the minority will have to sit back and take it.

oh and what if your game breaks? or you lose it?

Proof that they are the minority? And none of my physical copies have broken, and if they did you could find a replacement copy on ebay. You can't get a replacement psn game on ebay if theres no more psn. Think.

lmao what do you mean proof? the giant that gamestop turned into isnt proof of the number of games traded in? every new release that comes out is available in gamstop within the first 1-2 weeks. even devs and publishers have come out with numbers that said people werent even finishing games.

oh and since your games havent broken I guess that confirms that they never break for anyone. and *gasp*, you just proved my point, anything can happen, and nothing is guaranteed to last forever. you buy a game digital the server goes down after years, guess what, you can buy it physical if you want. you buy a physical game, that breaks on you? guess what you STILL have to buy it again if you want it.

difference is, there are people who have games break due to kids, friends, animals, or relatives sneaking them away when they visit. dont have to worry about that if its digital.

I dont know why you keep making it seem like if you buy digital then theres just no way ever in the world you can play that game again.
#99king_maddenPosted 4/28/2013 5:16:52 PM(edited)
Aldath posted...
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...

wrong mentality.

all businesses are the same, you are defending re-buying games because its cheaper on other consoles, but at the end of the day its all the same thing. you sit and bash the thought of devs "making" you (they arent making you) re-buy games, then turn around and say you buy them because they are cheap. fact remains you're still buying into it, because people like you feel they are doing you such a huge favor offering a cheaper price, where in all honesty thats a business tactic to get people to buy more.

as for price, whats not cheap to you might be cheap to someone else. you get someone who has a bunch in savings, a good amount in his free spending account, and he wants games, $10 isnt going to be considered expensive. to be honest a person doesnt even need all of that to think $10 is cheap. I mean look at it, you have someone whos thinking about getting a new games thats going to be $60, but instead of spending that he decides to buy 4 classic games that he loves for $40. depending on the classics these days, thats much cheaper than what you will find anywhere else, so why wouldnt that be a good deal?

old systems arent forbidden, if you are so worried about re-buying a game, then dont rebuy it, get an old system and keep going. Oh but then we complain about convenience, but in that case its your fault, not theirs.
#100AldathPosted 4/28/2013 5:19:30 PM
wheepitup posted...
Aldath posted...
wheepitup posted...
bigjig777 posted...

Yep and if gaming gets worse than it is now, I will say bye bye to gaming and enjoy my 1000+ collection of games from the glory days. And about multiplayer games. It's such a shame almost all MP focused games do not even have a LAN option for gamers to still enjoy the multiplayer after the online servers are long gone.

I wouldn't quit gaming, I just need to see and rationalize which company is playing better and why. For the moment, Sony has turned into an elite-only company who is making gaming become a "the richer the better" hobby, while still screwing things up BADLY (remember that BIG PSN hack?) and pretending nothing is their fault... plus they primarily support companies with said philosophies, such as Square Enix and Activision-Blizzard.

Online gaming is not a bad thing, it's just that games nowadays are "online multiplayer only". Anarchy Reigns already showed us how some companies do this regardless of hardware limits; the game could be played perfectly on split-screen, yet, they decide not to add it. Splits Screen needs some serious rebirth... maybe it's the only thing I liked about RE6; you could do everything split-screen.
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND