This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just beat Batman Arkham City (mega spoilers)

#11ChaoticKnucklesPosted 4/29/2013 7:30:36 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
The Mad Hatter and Identity Thief side quest have pretty strong conclusions. The others, not so much.

One of the problems with the Arkham games, despite being great games, is that the combat is build with crowd battling in mind, leading to a lot of disappointing boss's

That's kind of true, never looked at it that way before. Fighting Freeze was awesome though, especially on New Game Plus. They need to strive to have more innovative boss fights like that.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#12L0rdCrump(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 7:40:08 AM
I rescued 3 hostages and I have over 200 trophies iirc. I'm doing catwoman's final mission before I can get back to playing as Batman.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#13mad_hax_manPosted 4/30/2013 3:23:43 AM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
mad_hax_man posted...
The Mad Hatter and Identity Thief side quest have pretty strong conclusions. The others, not so much.

One of the problems with the Arkham games, despite being great games, is that the combat is build with crowd battling in mind, leading to a lot of disappointing boss's

That's kind of true, never looked at it that way before. Fighting Freeze was awesome though, especially on New Game Plus. They need to strive to have more innovative boss fights like that.

I don't think its a coincidence that the two best "boss" encounters in the series, Freeze and Scarecrow, both utilize the stealth aspect of the games as opposed to the combat. Its because it forced the developers to think creatively about the encounter. Its very much the same thing with the MGS bosses. MGS doesn't have great combat mechanics (or at least pre MGS4), so its bosses are either really fun, creative and innovative, or really dull and boring. There is little in between.

Outside of Freeze and Scarecrow, I think Ra's and Hatter (even if the latter isn't technically a boss) are great, but if the series continues on, the developers are going to have think harder about how to deal with a boss that doesn't either drug or hypnotize Batman first
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#14jorgestevensonPosted 4/30/2013 9:05:33 AM
The Ras boss was the best in the game by far, and I thought the Freeze fight was completely stupid. The dude seemed like a total moron rather than a legendary scientist - here, I'm going to walk around the room in circles! I'm so fearsome!

The last boss I agree was really disappointing. Also, the ending of the story was kind of stupid to me too (but maybe to the comicbook heads it actually made sense? How the f does clayface look like Joker the whole time, and even talk like him?).

Anyway, I still think the game was very good. I just beat it recently as well.
#15RayconPosted 4/30/2013 9:07:58 AM
jorgestevenson posted...
The Ras boss was the best in the game by far, and I thought the Freeze fight was completely stupid. The dude seemed like a total moron rather than a legendary scientist - here, I'm going to walk around the room in circles! I'm so fearsome!

You didn't go back and play the game on hard mode, did you...

He becomes pretty fearsome there. Especially when your options for attacking him plummet drastically.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#16SSJ_JinPosted 4/30/2013 9:14:59 AM
Raycon posted...
jorgestevenson posted...

He becomes pretty fearsome there. Especially when your options for attacking him plummet drastically.

I did on hard and he was still lame. I don't know why people love or had a hard time for this fight. The game tells you, literally, how to beat him. Literally. Tells you every option. And all you do is walk to where you want him to go and he will follow your footsteps. And that's it.

There was nothing amazing about this boss fight at all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#17ChaoticKnucklesPosted 4/30/2013 1:00:34 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Raycon posted...
jorgestevenson posted...

I did on hard and he was still lame. I don't know why people love or had a hard time for this fight. The game tells you, literally, how to beat him. Literally. Tells you every option. And all you do is walk to where you want him to go and he will follow your footsteps. And that's it.

There was nothing amazing about this boss fight at all.

While I see your point about him walking around in circles, how is that any less lame than bosses with repeating patterns like Ras? What I liked about the Freeze fight was the fact that you actually had to think to beat him and that you can't confront him in direct combat. I suppose his actions when you're not within eyesight of him don't scream brilliant scientist but for a video game boss fight it was pretty awesome. Also when I played on NG+ I received no hints on how to beat him other than not using the same attack twice so figuring out what would and would not work on him was pretty cool as well.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#18L0rdCrump(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 1:47:49 PM(edited)
I'm done playing the game, I just collected the 15 items for Catwomen and got that trophy. I have 200+ riddler trophies, no new hostage stuff is popping up. I Saved Nora and it says return to GCP building but the entrance is blocked by ice and I dunno how to get in.
I beat Deadshot, beat phonebooth killer, beat mad hatter beat Bane's sidequest.

---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#19Sephivengeance9Posted 4/30/2013 2:40:09 PM
jorgestevenson posted...

The last boss I agree was really disappointing. Also, the ending of the story was kind of stupid to me too (but maybe to the comicbook heads it actually made sense? How the f does clayface look like Joker the whole time, and even talk like him?).

Anyway, I still think the game was very good. I just beat it recently as well.

Clayface is able to do that, he was an actor and he can pretty much shape his body to mimic just about anyone. *scratches head* I actually thought the ending was pretty good. Perhaps it's just one of those times where you need to know about the characters in question to be able to get everything that's going on, since it happens so quickly.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#20ZHolyMadmanPosted 4/30/2013 3:33:17 PM
L0rdCrump posted...
I Saved Nora and it says return to GCP building but the entrance is blocked by ice and I dunno how to get in.

You can only access the GCPD building from the back from that point on.
---
April is "Daily Random Lyric Month"! Lyric for April 30th:
"Way, Truth, Life... Faith, Hope, Love... Mick!"