This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are newer games in a higher resolution?

#1deathsmilesPosted 4/28/2013 1:17:02 PM
Is it just me, or are PS3 games in a higher resolution than games that were released a year or more ago? Any way of reducing the resolution back to the old resolution? It wears my eyes out too fast, so much so that I've had to quit gaming on the HD consoles.
---
Modern video games are for losers.
#2iPr0kkaFTWPosted 4/28/2013 1:34:50 PM
This topic make no sense.
#3don_juan_darkoPosted 4/28/2013 1:37:11 PM
The only changes could be going from 720 to 1080. Most games only support 720 though.

If this is a serious question, go into your XMB settings and disable 1080 so that all games will be forced into 720 only.
#4anonymous46773Posted 4/28/2013 1:37:21 PM
They've done the opposite, in fact.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5VarronPosted 4/28/2013 1:42:12 PM
anonymous46773 posted...

This.

Ex.
- BioShock Infinite looks lower res than its predecessors
- Dead Space 3 has worse textures and is overall blurrier than Dead Space 1 and 2
- CoD games look uglier with each new installment
---
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh
#6deathsmiles(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 1:50:37 PM
don_juan_darko posted...
If this is a serious question, go into your XMB settings and disable 1080 so that all games will be forced into 720 only.

How would I do that? Is there a way to force them into 480?
---
#7deathsmiles(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 1:54:29 PM
Varron posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

This.

Ex.
- Dead Space 3 has worse textures and is overall blurrier than Dead Space 1 and 2

I haven't played Bioshock Infinite or Dead Space 3, but I did play the CoD and I thought the resolution was much higher than previous games. CoD4, for example, doesn't bother my eyes at all, whereas with the new one, my eyes felt strained with a few minutes of play.

The first game that I noticed being in a higher resolution was Dragon's Dogma. Every game since then has been too high a res for me.
---
#8deathsmiles(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:37:58 PM
Looked in the display settings and mine is set for 480i. I don't have any problem with the xmb, it's just the games are too sharp. I guess they're just programming the games in a higher res now and there's nothing I can do about it. Oh well, not like I'm missing much. Gaming has gone to hell anyway. Thanks for saving me some money, game developers!
---
#9iPr0kkaFTWPosted 4/28/2013 2:45:12 PM
Varron posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

This.

Ex.

That's because developers have started to sacrifice resolution for anti-aliasing (and performance too). Yes it'll look slightly more blurrier but at least you don't have to b**** about jaggies or choppy framerate.
#10MoooglemanPosted 4/28/2013 2:45:34 PM
If it's too sharp turn down your sharpness. Games have not changed reses very few games are 1080 the majority are all 720 though you can force them to 1080 it is usually not worth it some times even makes it worse.