This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Skyrim as dull as people say?

#21SixSixSevenEighPosted 4/28/2013 2:13:13 PM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
SoaringDive posted...
SixSixSevenEigh posted...
TimeOfTheDark posted...
1- The JRPG and Souls fanboys that plague the board

Alot of this.

That isn't a word for christ's sake...

Who is Christ, and why isn't he/she considered a proper noun?

BURN

Burn? Ah, so you're one of those kids?

"Man, that was sick!"
"That's so rad!"
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#22LionheartCJPosted 4/28/2013 2:24:50 PM
I don't like the setting (mythical and dragons etc) so i find those games dull, i love the fallout series though
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q - Best piece of videogame music, ever
#23The_BonesPosted 4/28/2013 2:31:06 PM
It can be at times. I thought the story was kind of boring and I never really found any of the quests I did to be that interesting. Combat is on the average side and while the exploration aspect is huge it can get repetitive at times. Crafting can also get rather monotonous too when you're just trying to increase the level of it. I think its still fun to build your character but its usually not a game that can hold my interest and make me want to complete everything in it.
#24ReyMilansteryoPosted 4/28/2013 2:35:05 PM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
SoaringDive posted...
TimeOfTheDark posted...

Alot of this.

BURN

"Man, that was sick!"
"That's so rad!"

and your point is?
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, Borderlands 2
#25SoaringDivePosted 4/28/2013 2:46:13 PM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
SoaringDive posted...
TimeOfTheDark posted...

Alot of this.

BURN

"Man, that was sick!"
"That's so rad!"

Breaking news: People in different parts of the world have different cultures and say different things!
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#26Still__RippinPosted 4/28/2013 2:56:21 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
lf you like open world RPG's and a Fantasy setting then it's pretty much one of the top games for you. Especially now that all the bugs are fixed. Although, there is some Ultimate Edition coming out in June with all the DLC on it so l'd wait for that.

Yeah, and it's going to cost 60$ on PS3, and i don't have a good enough PC to buy the 30$ version.

But, Skyrim is still $30-$40 anyway. Plus, you get the patch already on it and all the DLC which saves money anyway. I was just suggesting it.

Also, the game itself is a LOT of fun. There is a ton of actual Role Playing to be had and just wandering around exploring and taking in the atmosphere is so enjoyable. So many different ways to play and l've never played a game where sneaking, robbing, and stealing were so much fun.
---
^^^^^^^^
Don't like what's up there? Don't read it. .
#27mogar002Posted 4/28/2013 2:57:49 PM
I got Skyrim new for $25 on Amazon. Probably only $60 at **** places like Walmart.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#28Still__RippinPosted 4/28/2013 2:59:25 PM
mogar002 posted...
I got Skyrim new for $25 on Amazon. Probably only $60 at **** places like Walmart.

He meant the Ultimate Edition is going to be $60.
---
^^^^^^^^
Don't like what's up there? Don't read it. .
#29mogar002Posted 4/28/2013 3:01:32 PM
Oh
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#30Chr0noidPosted 4/28/2013 3:16:31 PM
The problem with Skyrim is that it's a gigantic piece of toast with a very thin layer of butter on it. You can be eating this piece of toast for hours but then realize that's all there is to it.

Honestly, the game is is decent but not great. There's zero choice to make in any of the quests, there's no character interaction to speak of, and the combat gets painfully dull quickly. If Skyrim had the choice system of Fallout New Vegas and the combat of say....I dunno, Dragon's Dogma or something, it would have been vastly better. As it stands you're just bashing the R trigger.
---
I did see a female Orc at Bellethor's General Store, buying a box of Redguards -RAGEface14, in a topic about Orc menstruation.