This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top 10 most disappointing games you have played this gen.

#11TheOriginalMax(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:30:35 PM
JurassicBond posted...
I'll probably get some flak

No flak here. I respect your opinion! :)

This is a happy place!
Given that it's a place to b**** about games one didn't like... But no judgment!
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#12ReyMilansteryoPosted 4/28/2013 2:33:36 PM(edited)
- Skyward Sword

-Valkyria Chronicles

-Malicious

-Portal series

-The Last Story

-Monster Trucks DS

-Demon's Souls

-Monster Hunter Tri

edit:
ow and i forgot about Dragon Age 2

thats about it
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, Borderlands 2
#13TheOriginalMax(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:38:13 PM
peter_888 posted...
especially with how you like DW6 more than it

My apologies for writing that poorly, I didn't mean to imply anything like that. I tried to show my indifference towards DW6 and imply that I was expecting something way better due to how "wrong" Koei went with DW6(a "it can only get much better"-type of mindset). Which, in my opinion, Koei is yet to supply.
I respect your disagreement to my point of view! :)
Oh and you gave good reasons in your explanation of DW6 and DW7!

Yoshi__Aran posted...
mainly any of the highly overrated mainstream hyped games or when beloved classic series lose their identity.

Very, VERY, good point! Now I'm disappointed I didn't think of that! :D
I agree completely.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#14tyrant6Posted 4/28/2013 2:47:23 PM
In no specific order

Dragon Age 2
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Alien Colonial Marines
Splatterhouse
Uncharted 3
Final Fantasy 13
Bioshock 2

This doesn't mean I think all these are bad games.I just had high hopes that were not met.Specificly Uncharted 3 and Bioshock 2 were good but nowhere as good as the previous games
---
Gaming since 1984
#15moogle69Posted 4/28/2013 2:52:33 PM(edited)
everything other than hdcollections, lost odyssey, most of the Wii games, dark souls and skyrim.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#16Jon_GodPosted 4/28/2013 2:53:23 PM
1. Epic Mickey 2 - What happened here? They fixed the control and camera issues... partially, but messed up pretty much everything else. The game feels like it wasn't done, after the potential of the first game, this was a huge shame.

2. Gears of War series - People told I had to play these games, and that they were so amazing. Besides graphics/environmental design, these are extremely poor games. shame. :(

3. Halo 3 - I thought Halo 2 was one of the best games of all time, so many things expanded on from the first game, suddenly we have both sides of the story, and a lot more depth into how things are going on. Bad ending sure, but the overall story was solid as steel.

The multiplayer was smooth, some issues aside, and still had the easiest startup-online match of any Halo game. I still feel, it's probably the most balanced for team play Halo game.

Then Halo 3 comes along, does lots of stuff, Saved Films, Forge, Online Coop, and stuff. These are all amazing additions, and could have made Halo 3 the best game of all time, or close. But instead, the single player was terrible, devolved into a single track action clichéfest. The overall villains lose all their depth and basically are just "evil to be evil".

Multiplayer's balance felt totally ripped apart, with true moments of good shining through occasionally, but most of the time, it just felt disorderly, and chaotic. One staple of Halo 1 and 2, was that, even when someone gets the drop on you, you can turn it around. In Halo 3, due to either guns being more powerful, or you being weaker, it's no longer the case. You can turn it around more like 50% of the time, at most.

4. Resistance 2 - Ugn. What went wrong here? The originality, and fun of the first game was totally absent, additionally, split screen campaign coop, which might have made it more bearable, was just missing. Having such little health, and only being able to carry 2 weapons totally destroyed the arsenal of interesting weapons. Just a mess of a game.

5. Valkriya Chronicles 2 - While the first disappointment was that it was not on the PS3(I played the first one with my brother, switching off. Something that wasn't anywhere near as inclusive on a PSP), the biggest issue is that it really just is missing a key ingredient that made VC1 as amazing as it was. None of the characters are original, or interesting, and the game world feels much more inconsistent. (WWII era, someone wants to be the next pop idol? say what?). The story is much more boring, and just meh.

6. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier - This game is terrible. Not only does it feel like a different game wearing the Jak and Daxter skin, but it lacks all the fun, narrative, and polish that made the Jak and Daxter games what they were. The whole thing felt like a mediocre fanfic. bleah.

7. Hydro Thunder: Hurricane - What a stain on the series, which contains 1 other game(If we are only counting the HYDRO Thunder series). The first game is and was amazing, and this sequel lacks all the fun the original had, and really comes off as "trying too hard". After playing H2Overdrive, this feels even more bland.

8. Mercenaries 2 - What a waste, the first game was extremely solid, with some issues, but the second one is so full of issues, and is non-serious tone in a serious situation makes it feel all over the place. Just disappointing.

9. Red Faction: Armageddon - Second this one, it's like they had no idea what made RF good, when designing this.

10. Final Fantasy XIII - Horrible management screwed this game, it feels like a mish-mash of stuff thrown together at the last moment, with a terrible overall product, unless you are talking graphics. :/
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#17warrenmatsPosted 4/28/2013 2:54:46 PM
FFXIII- Boring game, forced myself to finish it
MGS4- Cutscenes are boring to watch, gameplay went downhill after chapter 2
Persona 4 Arena- I didn't like any of the characters other than Labrys, Aigis, and Elizabeth, and I barely even played that game. Maybe like 5 hours? I thought the game was boring.
Bayonetta- The bosses are great. Everything else I didn't like.
Resident Evil 6 I had fun with it, but not as good as 4 and 5.
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Not as fun as people told me it was.
Portal 1 I'm not sure if this counts as current gen but whatever. People told me that Portal 1 is one of the best games ever made. I thought it was average.
Silent Hill Downpour Not bad, but it has alot of technical problems, and the bosses were terrible. I wasn't scary, and the endings are horrible.
FFXIII-2 The only good part of this game was the final boss
F.E.A.R 2 I thought this game was supposed to be scary, not a extremely easy military fps
---
:D
#18MortyPythonPosted 4/28/2013 3:25:51 PM
I'm sure I could come up with 10 by process of elimination, but only 5 come to mind off the top of my head

Mass Effect 3
FF13
GTA4
Dragon Age 2
AC Revelations
#19servb0tsPosted 4/28/2013 3:30:01 PM
Final Fantasy XIII takes up 7 slots.

Skyrim.
X-Blades.
Jax & Daxter HD Collection.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3