This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else both hate and love What David Cage is doing to the industry?

#1Chr0noidPosted 4/28/2013 3:20:15 PM
He's not making bland first person shooters, which is good. But he's trying to turn video games into interactive movies with all the budget being put towards hiring actresses like Ellen Page. Which is bad.

I liked Heavy Rain but that's just it. I merely liked it. Was a good way to kill about 5 days of time. Then I never looked at it again. I just....don't think the industry needs LESS interactivity at this point in time. And 10 ****ing hours? Are you ****kidding me Cage?
---
I did see a female Orc at Bellethor's General Store, buying a box of Redguards -RAGEface14, in a topic about Orc menstruation.
#2harcoreblazerPosted 4/28/2013 3:24:30 PM(edited)
Hipsters!.

jk
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#3nclrwntrPosted 4/28/2013 3:22:06 PM
He's not doing anything to the industry. It's just one game. I think there's enough room on store shelves to have a "movie-type" game. Heavy Rain didn't cause any harm now did it?
#4DantechanPosted 4/28/2013 3:22:15 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
Hipsters!.

<spoilers>jk</spoilers>

spoiler tag fail
#5tracazoidPosted 4/28/2013 3:22:41 PM
Your topics are horrible.
#6harcoreblazerPosted 4/28/2013 3:23:11 PM
Dantechan posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
Hipsters!.

<spoilers>jk</spoilers>

spoiler tag fail

lol.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#7Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 3:23:47 PM
tracazoid posted...
Your topics are horrible.

Well, you're certainly welcome to try making some, if mine are so displeasing.
---
I did see a female Orc at Bellethor's General Store, buying a box of Redguards -RAGEface14, in a topic about Orc menstruation.
#8don_juan_darkoPosted 4/28/2013 3:25:04 PM
But he's trying to turn video games into interactive movies

I'm pretty sure he's only responsible for the games he's actually working on. So not much to worry about concerning the entire videogame industry.
#9ARMs7777Posted 4/28/2013 3:25:19 PM
I'm fine with it. Their is a large enought audience who like that stuff. They manage to do this while keeping the budge small enough to make profits.
#10Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 3:26:07 PM
don_juan_darko posted...
But he's trying to turn video games into interactive movies

I'm pretty sure he's only responsible for the games he's actually working on. So not much to worry about concerning the entire videogame industry.

That's what they said about Call of Duty. *shudders*
---