This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was AC3 a disappointment to you?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Was AC3 a disappointment to you?

User Info: jason19192

jason19192
3 years ago#1
Yes or No? - Results (107 votes)
Yes
57.01% (61 votes)
No
42.99% (46 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hell yes, AC2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AC3

User Info: ThePuddingMan

ThePuddingMan
3 years ago#2
What I played of it was, yes. Still haven't finished it. Got bored after 9 sequences or so and moved on.

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
3 years ago#3
Combat was too simplified, the only thing you needed to do was to counter-attack, and it was extremely easy. ACII combat was much more complex, and counters needed to be exact. So yeah, ACII beats ACIII any day, anytime.
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280

User Info: kel25

kel25
3 years ago#4
Having played all the games I feel the only great game was AC2. AC3 was the final straw for me and I am done with the series.

Such a shame because the first was a diamond in the rough. With the second I thought it was the beginning of an amazing new series. Sadly I was very, very wrong.

User Info: jameswann64

jameswann64
3 years ago#5
AC III was definitely my least favorite of the series (haven't played the first one) here's how the series ranks for me:

AC BH -> AC II -> ACR -> AC III

Like I stated earlier I haven't played the first one but from what I've read it wasn't that good.
Currently playing: NBA 2k13(PS3) Farcry 3 (PS3) Terraria (PS3)
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)

User Info: War_Fail

War_Fail
3 years ago#6
Worst game I played last year.
RIP Mr. Hands June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005
A true American hero

User Info: kaiser ryu

kaiser ryu
3 years ago#7
I feel AC3 is a step up from AC2 in nearly every way imaginable. The arena was more balanced thanks to a combination of better AI (still not great but hey) and more balanced weaponry. I guess a counter to that is heat weapons and stun locking from pistols was a bit much. The environments were a major step up from AC2s barren red deserts and brown industrial cavern-buildings. Also the missions were pretty varied and offered a good balance of challenge with fun. Finally, IMO, the mechs just looked way cooler in that entry.
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06

User Info: lanelazerbeam

lanelazerbeam
3 years ago#8
I agree with AC 2> AC 3, but no, it wasn't a disappointment to me.
"Zoroark is the worst Gen 1 pokemon"-thepenguinking2

User Info: ICO41126

ICO41126
3 years ago#9
The opposite. It exceeded my expectations in nearly every way, which was no easy feat on its part. The only three complaints I have against the game are:

1. Complete and utter lack of closure in the ending. As far as I can tell, Shaun, Rebecca, and William mean nothing to the series now and probably won't ever be seen again. Lame.
2. Oversimplified combat.
3. The father-son dynamic should have been explored more, IMO. The final scene between Connor and Haytham was very contrived, and it should been in the final chapter, not the penultimate.
PSN ID: Dunklefester

User Info: Superfly Jo Jo

Superfly Jo Jo
3 years ago#10
In some ways it was. It was definitely a fun game, certainly more fun than ACR. It can't touch ACII or ACBH though. I feel that my opinion of it is influenced by me just being burnt out on the series
PSN: spacedirtyjerz
Ugh I wish I could change my PSN name
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Was AC3 a disappointment to you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived