This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HDD Questions

#1intdex88Posted 4/29/2013 12:17:35 AM
I was playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and I heard clicking sounds from my Slim PS3. My PS3 is about 6 feet away from me. The clicking wasn't constant as it sometime happened during flashback scenes and quest events.

I stopped the game and started up the game again, but the sound showed up when I went to practice mode. I turned off my system for 3 hours and played again, this time I redid the same thing in practice mode and there was no sound. What does this mean?

1. If I am going to upgrade my HDD, does the BackUp Utility save all of my user accounts and their downloads?
2. Will I need to deactivate the accounts beefore swapping the HDD and then reactivate after restoring my system?
3. If my system has the 4.40 firmware and I did a backup now, when I restore it do I need to do an update for my system?
4. Do I sync my trophies before or after restoring my system?
5. Do 7200RPM HDD work fine with the PS3 and is it better to get a HDD with larger cache?
#2EoinPosted 4/29/2013 1:25:02 AM
intdex88 posted...
1. If I am going to upgrade my HDD, does the BackUp Utility save all of my user accounts and their downloads?

Yes.

intdex88 posted...
2. Will I need to deactivate the accounts beefore swapping the HDD and then reactivate after restoring my system?

No, it's possible that your PS3 may need to double check that it's activated after the upgrade but you don't need to deactivate and reactivate yourself.

intdex88 posted...
3. If my system has the 4.40 firmware and I did a backup now, when I restore it do I need to do an update for my system?

Yes, the slim PS3s store part of the firmware on the hard drive and therefore you'll need to reinstall 4.40 or later when you upgrade. It won't finish the update without this, so download it onto a USB stick or something and have that ready.

intdex88 posted...
4. Do I sync my trophies before or after restoring my system?

Both.

intdex88 posted...
5. Do 7200RPM HDD work fine with the PS3 and is it better to get a HDD with larger cache?

7200RPM hard drives work fine, although the difference in most games is barely noticeable. Same for larger cache sizes. If you can easily afford it, then you might as well go for the larger cache, but it probably isn't going to do very much.