This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So many PS3 games I need to get!! >_<

#11xxnike629xx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 3:06:15 PM
RPGsplease posted...
xxnike629xx posted...
Seifer_us posted...
xxnike629xx posted...
...I have less than 4 GB of storage left?

Duh. So now I need a new PS3, and this time, I will get a 750 GB HDD along with it.

Why not just replace the hard drive? You could get a drive that size for a good deal less than a new PS3 would cost.

No. Because then I would lose my data.

Ok so can ignore my post that tells you how to keep ur data troll topic/

Copy protected files don't transfer unless it's between 2 PS3's via ethernet.
---
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629Bloginb4suiton.blogspot.com
#12OmegaBladesPosted 4/30/2013 3:20:19 PM
Your lack of Deadly Premonition Director's Cut disappoints me....your whole list is null and void.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#13Seifer_usPosted 4/30/2013 8:12:46 PM
xxnike629xx posted...
RPGsplease posted...
xxnike629xx posted...
Seifer_us posted...
xxnike629xx posted...

Duh. So now I need a new PS3, and this time, I will get a 750 GB HDD along with it.

Why not just replace the hard drive? You could get a drive that size for a good deal less than a new PS3 would cost.

No. Because then I would lose my data.

Ok so can ignore my post that tells you how to keep ur data troll topic/

Copy protected files don't transfer unless it's between 2 PS3's via ethernet.

If you run the backup utility on the same PS3, just with a new hard drive, you'll still keep all your copy-protected data. It's only with a new system that it won't transfer. I can confirm this because I did it this way when I upgraded my 60GB to 500GB.

Alternatively, you could just buy three months of PS+ and put all your saves on the cloud. When my old launch PS3 died a few months ago, this saved me from losing a lot of data.

At any rate, buying an entirely new PS3 just for a hard drive upgrade is flat out idiotic when there are so many other options.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#14renasunflashPosted 4/30/2013 8:22:50 PM
Seifer_us posted...

If you run the backup utility on the same PS3, just with a new hard drive, you'll still keep all your copy-protected data. It's only with a new system that it won't transfer. I can confirm this because I did it this way when I upgraded my 60GB to 500GB.

Alternatively, you could just buy three months of PS+ and put all your saves on the cloud. When my old launch PS3 died a few months ago, this saved me from losing a lot of data.

At any rate, buying an entirely new PS3 just for a hard drive upgrade is flat out idiotic when there are so many other options.

I can also confirm this. I upgraded my 80GB to a 500GB hdd. The copy protected files will transfer as long as you use the backup utility, and the backup is loaded onto a new hard drive in the SAME system.

It's not wise to buy a whole new PS3 and a hard drive when all you need is the hard drive (and an external drive to backup onto initially).
#15BeknessPosted 4/30/2013 8:35:34 PM
RPGsplease posted...
xxnike629xx posted...

....u can just do backup on a external and replace the HD on the ps3 u have now..........why buy a new ps3

You forgot to add "Duh" XD

and yes, this guy is a massive troll. He used to post constantly on the RPG board saying why don't Square remake FF___ for PSP? there was like 10 topics he made over time.
---
<3BennyBear