This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who fell sleep while playing Ni No Kuni??

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Am I the only one who fell sleep while playing Ni No Kuni??
3 years ago#21
I don't know... I guess when I finished it I didn't think it was the BEST RPG EVER, but my wife and I truly did enjoy playing through it.

There are certain games, like FF8, that I just could NEVER bring myself to finish. They were truly that awful to me. Ni No Kuni is certainly NOT one of those games. I appreciate the charm. The only real downer about the game (other than some bad AI, which I can deal with) was how much handholding went on. I like a little direction, but at times I just felt it was ridiculous.

I also wish that the "give heart" quests did not specify what heart you needed.... This goes hand in hand with the "handholding," but is something that MOST stuck out.
3 years ago#22
I nearly fell asleep while playing the demo so I know what you mean TC. The whole look of the game really puts me off, and I like colorful games. The main character looks generic as fudge. I want a cool main character like Jeanne, what gives level 5?
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
3 years ago#23
TC if you own Xbox360 get Infinite Undiscovery, it's a good rpg, it's like a SNES rpg in 3D.
3 years ago#24
I stopped playing it after like 10 hours...
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
3 years ago#25
It's a boring game that capitalized on Ghibli charm with very little to back it up. It's a shame, really.
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info:
3 years ago#26
I frequently fall asleep when playing rpgs in general even though it's my favorite genre.

I guess I'll chalk that up to a mix of insomnia and sleep apnea when I do actually sleep lol, I pretty much feel like a zombie every day.
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
3 years ago#27
DemiFist posted...
Definitely not the only one.
Game is overrated as hell.
I was very excited for it as well and got the Wizard Edition on launch day and have still been unable to work up the driving force to finish it.

I finished it. Because I had spent that damn much on it.

Sold the WE for 80 to some kid.
3 years ago#28
I didn't like it because it was too kiddy and I didn't like the art direction for the game.
(message deleted)
3 years ago#30
PSWii60_RuLez posted...

only decent jrpg was xenosaga on wii.

Even that is slow a bit at start due to it's MMO style battle engine.
Ni No Kuni has a somewhat similar engine as does White Knight Chronicles and FF XII.

Good RPGs with good quick pacing:

The Last Story
Arc Rise Fantasia
Pandora's Tower
Infinite Space
Radiant Historia
FF Crisis Core
FF Type Zero
FF Four Heroes of Light
Golden Sun
Brave Story
Tales of Vesperia
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Am I the only one who fell sleep while playing Ni No Kuni??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived