This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who fell sleep while playing Ni No Kuni??

#21toomanymouthsPosted 4/29/2013 10:38:14 PM
I don't know... I guess when I finished it I didn't think it was the BEST RPG EVER, but my wife and I truly did enjoy playing through it.

There are certain games, like FF8, that I just could NEVER bring myself to finish. They were truly that awful to me. Ni No Kuni is certainly NOT one of those games. I appreciate the charm. The only real downer about the game (other than some bad AI, which I can deal with) was how much handholding went on. I like a little direction, but at times I just felt it was ridiculous.

I also wish that the "give heart" quests did not specify what heart you needed.... This goes hand in hand with the "handholding," but is something that MOST stuck out.
#22dacekidPosted 4/29/2013 11:10:19 PM
I nearly fell asleep while playing the demo so I know what you mean TC. The whole look of the game really puts me off, and I like colorful games. The main character looks generic as fudge. I want a cool main character like Jeanne, what gives level 5?
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#23AnthonM2Posted 4/29/2013 11:11:48 PM
TC if you own Xbox360 get Infinite Undiscovery, it's a good rpg, it's like a SNES rpg in 3D.
#24L0rdCrumpPosted 4/30/2013 6:58:33 AM
I stopped playing it after like 10 hours...
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#25zinformantPosted 4/30/2013 7:00:03 AM
It's a boring game that capitalized on Ghibli charm with very little to back it up. It's a shame, really.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#26XenoFFvsPosted 4/30/2013 7:05:44 AM
I frequently fall asleep when playing rpgs in general even though it's my favorite genre.

I guess I'll chalk that up to a mix of insomnia and sleep apnea when I do actually sleep lol, I pretty much feel like a zombie every day.
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#27PhaseSlaethePosted 4/30/2013 7:23:33 AM
DemiFist posted...
Definitely not the only one.
Game is overrated as hell.
I was very excited for it as well and got the Wizard Edition on launch day and have still been unable to work up the driving force to finish it.

I finished it. Because I had spent that damn much on it.

Sold the WE for 80 to some kid.
#28xChaosLordxPosted 4/30/2013 11:55:30 AM
I didn't like it because it was too kiddy and I didn't like the art direction for the game.
#29ZombiDeadZombiPosted 4/30/2013 12:30:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30Devilman_AmonPosted 4/30/2013 12:45:32 PM
PSWii60_RuLez posted...

only decent jrpg was xenosaga on wii.

Even that is slow a bit at start due to it's MMO style battle engine.
Ni No Kuni has a somewhat similar engine as does White Knight Chronicles and FF XII.

Good RPGs with good quick pacing:

The Last Story
Arc Rise Fantasia
Pandora's Tower
Infinite Space
Radiant Historia
FF Crisis Core
FF Type Zero
FF Four Heroes of Light
Golden Sun
Brave Story
Tales of Vesperia