This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSN vs Xbox Live

#1doctorslagathorPosted 4/29/2013 11:20:38 AM
Now before we get started, I have both PS+ and Xbox Live Gold...

They both have their pros and cons but getting stuff like this every week is just great!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/29/playstation-plus-update-zombie-tycoon-ii-free-for-members/
---
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
#2anonymous46773Posted 4/29/2013 11:22:57 AM
Really?
Again?
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#3crazyman32Posted 4/29/2013 11:25:27 AM
doctorslagathor posted...
Now before we get started, I have both PS+ and Xbox Live Gold...

They both have their pros and cons but getting stuff like this every week is just great!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/29/playstation-plus-update-zombie-tycoon-ii-free-for-members/

I agree PS+ is something that Xbox Live can't match and it's saved me lots of money since it started.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#4doctorslagathor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:25:41 AM
I have never put in my 2 cents.. I mostly posted in just because.. HEY! this weeks sale is pretty awesome!
---
#5WarhawkPosted 4/29/2013 11:26:47 AM
Though if you don't go for PS+ or Xbox Live Gold, at least one of them you can make an account without having to pay to just go online to play mutliplayer like you have to do with the 360.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 16
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#6theshovellerPosted 4/29/2013 11:26:49 AM
I have both, and I have to say this:

PS+ gives you games while you're subscribed. Big plus there. However, the service sucks compared to Xbox Live.

Xbox Live has more features and lets you do a few more things, but you need to pay a fee to play any games online, and they don't give you free games just for being a member.

So, if you want "the best," you have to go to whatever you value more - free games, or a better service overall. Personally, I pick the service, as a free game can be hit or miss, but the better service makes for being able to talk with multiple friends at once while we're all playing different games, then easily inviting them to my game if I so choose with the press of a button.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#7LetiumtidePosted 4/29/2013 11:30:32 AM
I dislike Xbox Live simply because of the gross amounts of advertising. Pay or not, it's disgusting and I don't want to have adverts thrusting in my face whenever I want to play a game.
#8CrimsonCorpPosted 4/29/2013 11:39:12 AM
PSN because it's free. Not because of plus. I didn't trade in one subscription service to have another.

Even If I do manage to collect a good amount of retail games tied into my account. (which would take forever living in the U.S at this rate...) I'd need to shell out again just to gain access.

I didn't trade one subscription service (LIVE) just to have to pay another one. FREE is the key word here, free to play mp games.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#9theshovellerPosted 4/29/2013 11:40:27 AM
Letiumtide posted...
I dislike Xbox Live simply because of the gross amounts of advertising. Pay or not, it's disgusting and I don't want to have adverts thrusting in my face whenever I want to play a game.

I saw one ad yesterday when I turned on my Xbox. I saw three or four on my PS3.

The only difference is with Xbox, it's one video in the corner, while on PS3, you have to wait on the PSN Store icon for a few seconds for it to load up the ads.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#10doctorslagathor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:56:38 AM
theshoveller posted...
Letiumtide posted...

I saw one ad yesterday when I turned on my Xbox. I saw three or four on my PS3.

The only difference is with Xbox, it's one video in the corner, while on PS3, you have to wait on the PSN Store icon for a few seconds for it to load up the ads.

Where are you seeing said advertisements? I know where the xbox advertisement is but the only ads i see on PSN are for the sales the currently have going on.
---