This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really need some new games....Please help.

#1MACH0Posted 4/29/2013 3:47:02 PM
I have only bought PS3 not too long ago (after owning xbox 360) And I need help in choosing some new fun games to buy.
I currently have:

- 3D Dot Games Heroes (I love it, nearly completed game)
- Little Big Planet 2 (like it, only at start)
- Heavy Rain (I don't like it, might take it back, only at second prologue near start)
- Uncharted (I don't like it, might take it back. I was about half way through)

I really don't know what else is out there. I like fun simple games with good replaybility. Lots of collectibles. Since I only bought PS3 recently, I am open to even the older games (bonus that their cheap)
Im into most games except sport and racing. As long as the games isn't too complex, stays simple and fun.

Any help?
#2Magoo111Posted 4/29/2013 3:52:30 PM
Have you played Dark Souls? Or Demon's Souls?

If the answer is no, buy both.
#3ab2c4Posted 4/29/2013 4:00:24 PM(edited)
Give Heavy Rain more of a chance, it picks up a lot in the second half.

You could try the R&C games, and the Killzone games.
#4MACH0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 3:56:30 PM
Which one is easier?
Are they both free roam?

Thanks.
#5goldenboy1867Posted 4/29/2013 3:57:04 PM
It seems that you dont like the best games.

Well theres alot like metal gear solid 4, demon souls, ( lots more, just cant think of them lol )

If you like FPS games try BF3, COD, killzone or resistance.
---
are you saying i can run from a bullet
currently playing: Battlefield 3, Metal gear solid 4, Dead or alive 5,
#6goldenboy1867Posted 4/29/2013 3:59:39 PM
Get fallout 3, to long to finish but fun.
---
are you saying i can run from a bullet
currently playing: Battlefield 3, Metal gear solid 4, Dead or alive 5,
#7ab2c4Posted 4/29/2013 4:02:24 PM
MACH0 posted...
Which one is easier?
Are they both free roam?

Thanks.

I think Dark Souls is a little easier because of the bon fires, but it's still not easy. Dark Souls is basically one big, connected world. In Demon's Souls there is a hub so to speak and you can choose what area you want to go to and then back again.
#8riddlebox89Posted 4/29/2013 4:07:21 PM
Games with replayability with lots of collectibles, hmm.

There is the Sly Cooper HD trilogy, that has quite a few collectibles.

Ratchet and Clank HD collection, they have a good number of collectibles and quite a bit of replay value.

Batman Arkham City has a crap ton of Riddler stuff to find, along with a new game plus mode where you can start with all your upgrades and gadgets from the beginning.

Dead Space 1, 2 and 3 have quite a bit of replay value, and in the case of 3 there's a good number of collectibles, but some of them are only available in coop.

All of the LEGO games (Batman, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc) have lots of collectibles and some replay value.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim have lots and lots of collectibles and a hell of a lot of replay value since there's almost an infinite number of ways you can play the games.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas is the same as Elder Scrolls, lots of collectibles and quite a bit of replay value.

Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4 have some collectibles and some replay value.

Grand Theft Auto 4 has a lot of collectibles but almost no replay value.

Lollipop Chainsaw has stuff like combos and others you can buy, as well as special named zombies to "collect" and has some replay value.

The Tomb Raider Trilogy (in case of Anniversary and Legend) has a decent amount of collectibles and replay value.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory doesn't have much in terms of collectibles but it has quite a bit of replay value since there's so many ways to go through each mission.

Deus Ex Human Revolution has a few collectibles and a good amount of replay value since there's quite a few ways to go through the game, and it has a new game plus mode on a technicality due to a terminal hacking trick.

Both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide have a lot of collectibles and quite a bit of replay value.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#9MrElgawargPosted 4/29/2013 4:14:34 PM
Sounds like the Ratchet & Clank games would be up your alley, specifically the HD Collection and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time was also good, and had a lot to collect, but was over pretty quickly, even if you went for a platinum.

You might also enjoy inFAMOUS 2. There's a ton of side-quests, collectables, unlockable powers and challenges to go back to after finishing the story. It encourages you to play a second time too since it has the whole "superhero or supervillain" moral choice thing, but even if you just play it once there's a lot to do.
#10BeknessPosted 4/29/2013 4:15:26 PM
Try this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/959073-katamari-forever

and I agree with the Lego games, since you said you wanted easy games.

May as well get Little Big Planet 1 as well.
---
<3BennyBear