This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens if I delete PSN store?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What happens if I delete PSN store?

User Info: Paradox_Knight

Paradox_Knight
3 years ago#1
I just noticed when pressing triangle while on the Playstation Store icon on my crossbar that I have two choices:

>Start
>Delete

What happens when I delete it?

I ask because I've been having troubles getting into the store and neither system restores or rebuild database seems to help. If Deleting it will force me to re-install PSN store update without removing the icon, then I'll certainly give it a shot.
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.

User Info: Irony

Irony
3 years ago#2
Earthquake
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
3 years ago#3
That's a good question.

I'd try it on an alt account to be safe =\
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: Irony

Irony
3 years ago#4
It's not a good question. If you delete it you have to reinstall it to access the store.
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg

Paradox_Knight
3 years ago#5
Okay. But does the icon itself get removed?

Having to re-install PSN might be good for me since I'm having trouble accessing it and, as I stated, neither System Restore nor Rebuild Database seems to work. I keep freezing up when trying to access PSN store.
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.

User Info: VisualPendulum

VisualPendulum
3 years ago#6
I've uninstalled Netflix's data before, and the icon remains. All I had to do to access it again was reinstall the data.

Paradox_Knight
3 years ago#7
Decided to try and delete it, logic being: They wouldn't permanently remove the icon that gets you to gain access to a service that gives them money, it just wouldn't make any goddamn sense.

And indeed, just as stated above for Netflix. The icon doesn't get removed, I just have to re-install PSN store.

Probably for the best. Maybe it'll fix my issues with starting up the store.

User Info: badboy

badboy
3 years ago#8
You'll get YLoD.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What happens if I delete PSN store?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived