This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens if I delete PSN store?

#1Paradox_KnightPosted 4/29/2013 8:57:48 PM
I just noticed when pressing triangle while on the Playstation Store icon on my crossbar that I have two choices:

>Start
>Delete

What happens when I delete it?

I ask because I've been having troubles getting into the store and neither system restores or rebuild database seems to help. If Deleting it will force me to re-install PSN store update without removing the icon, then I'll certainly give it a shot.
---
Made on 18/03/2012 due to recent games
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#2mogar002Posted 4/29/2013 9:00:50 PM
Earthquake
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#3zyrax2301Posted 4/29/2013 9:02:15 PM
That's a good question.

I'd try it on an alt account to be safe =\
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4mogar002Posted 4/29/2013 9:03:27 PM
It's not a good question. If you delete it you have to reinstall it to access the store.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#5Paradox_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 9:05:40 PM
Okay. But does the icon itself get removed?

Having to re-install PSN might be good for me since I'm having trouble accessing it and, as I stated, neither System Restore nor Rebuild Database seems to work. I keep freezing up when trying to access PSN store.
---
We need a reclassification: DLC is Downloadable Content. DUK is Downloadable Unlock Key for locked on disc content.
#6VisualPendulumPosted 4/29/2013 9:07:13 PM
I've uninstalled Netflix's data before, and the icon remains. All I had to do to access it again was reinstall the data.
#7Paradox_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 9:09:19 PM
Decided to try and delete it, logic being: They wouldn't permanently remove the icon that gets you to gain access to a service that gives them money, it just wouldn't make any goddamn sense.

And indeed, just as stated above for Netflix. The icon doesn't get removed, I just have to re-install PSN store.

Probably for the best. Maybe it'll fix my issues with starting up the store.
---
#8badboyPosted 4/29/2013 11:12:08 PM
You'll get YLoD.