This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Were there games you were scared of trying out when you were a kid?

#1theSFfan_1Posted 4/29/2013 10:05:30 PM
When I was about 5-6 years old, my brother was always gaming on the PS1, and that was the first time I saw Resident Evil. I wanted to try it, so I found a copy of RE 3 on the shelf. I was nervous when I started it up. I freaked out when a zombie bit me, so I turned it off right after pausing lol.

And here I am now, replaying games like this on my emulator.

Anyway, the kind of games that I was scared of trying out before were the survival horror ones, and also the gory ones.

discuss
---
PSN:shadowslime
Oh, Hell to the NAH!
#2Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 4/29/2013 10:09:06 PM
Not so much scared of trying but playing Doom in a completely dark room with good speakers could scare the **** out of anyone back in the day.
#3Muv-LuvPosted 4/29/2013 10:13:52 PM(edited)
Aside from the obvious survival horror games, I was also creeped out by the Mist-filled dungeons of Legend of Legaia.
#4theatrical_catPosted 4/29/2013 10:12:41 PM(edited)
I couldn't play any FPS until 2008. It made my dumb brain feel like I was really being attacked and freaked the hell out of me.

Oh, and Shadow of the Colossus. After a half an hour of dicking around, I finally made my way to the first guy and as soon as I saw how big he was, I screamed and ran the other way. I don't know what i was expecting, I knew the name of the game and saw the box art.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#5L0ZPosted 4/29/2013 10:11:06 PM
RE4. for whatever reason I can't get myself to play it even though I rebought it for ps3.
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
[IBM Tricore 3.2GHz | 10MB Custom ATI | 512 MB GDDR3]
#6AZNrpgamerPosted 4/29/2013 10:13:12 PM
Resident Evil 2. Would watch my uncle play it, but would never touch the game. He always played it at night with all the lights off. Occasionally during the "scary" parts, he'd drop the remote and run out the room leaving me all alone further scaring the s*** outta me. He's 3 years older than I am just so people don't assume "wow what a jackass of an adult."
#7theatrical_catPosted 4/29/2013 10:14:18 PM
AZNrpgamer posted...
Resident Evil 2. Would watch my uncle play it, but would never touch the game. He always played it at night with all the lights off. Occasionally during the "scary" parts, he'd drop the remote and run out the room leaving me all alone further scaring the s*** outta me. He's 3 years older than I am just so people don't assume "wow what a jackass of an adult."

How is your uncle three years older than you? I'm having trouble picturing that...
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#8BeknessPosted 4/29/2013 10:16:04 PM
Yeah I'm kinda like T_cat, I couldn't play FPS for a long time. I was just so bad at them. I'm kinda scared of playing really hard games, too, for some reason
---
<3BennyBear
#9thisranksPosted 4/29/2013 10:17:47 PM
I was between 10-12 when i played Pong. It was around 76-78 ... i don't remember the exact year my dad brought it home. There weren't any remotely scary games back then from my perspective so the answer is no.
---
She blinded me with region ....
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW
#10AZNrpgamerPosted 4/29/2013 10:23:05 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
AZNrpgamer posted...

How is your uncle three years older than you? I'm having trouble picturing that...

My grandparents somehow got busy as old as they are >_>
...actually I think they're sub 60... I've never asked.