This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Were there games you were scared of trying out when you were a kid?

#11THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/29/2013 9:28:40 PM
The old Resident Evils. I was fresh off of SNES and seeing this type of brutality as a kid freaked me out.

It was even funnier seeing me try to play this as a kid....OMG zombiez....Door open!!!! Open Now!!!!
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#12digitalwill2000Posted 4/29/2013 9:36:08 PM
Fatal Frame.

Nowadays I laugh at anyone who actually gets scared of games, mostly because the arent even remotely scary (amnesia)
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#13kratosdakota3Posted 4/29/2013 9:37:41 PM
Soul Reaver and the Odd world games. Still creepy
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpqwn2IQxA1qi1j4n.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgdiugEkLk1qbxgyvo1_500.gif
#14theSFfan_1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 10:52:07 PM
take note that the games don't have to be scary in genre.
---
PSN:shadowslime
Oh, Hell to the NAH!
#15CojiroseanPosted 4/29/2013 11:02:18 PM
I think I was about 3 and that bit in Quackshot with the whole Dracula thing scared the hell outta me.
---
"Only by comparing yourself to others can you define yourself. Thus your ever-present anxiety."
#16DarkSymbiotePosted 4/29/2013 11:04:04 PM
Silent Hill. I got so scared of the beginning I had it returned. It wasn't a year or so later when I played Resident Evil 3 that I became a survival horror fan.

There was also this Jurassic Park game for the NES and the dinosaur at the beginning always terrified me.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#17Ghetto_ninjaPosted 4/29/2013 11:18:32 PM
Diablo I loved playing it but it was scary I was always uneasy before I went down the well that goddamn butcher was terrifying so early in the game.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!
#18echa_OnePosted 4/29/2013 11:21:46 PM
Resident Evil 1 - still scared, lol... maybe trauma
Parasite Eve - fortunately finished years later
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#19md22mdrxPosted 4/29/2013 11:55:59 PM
I was never scared of the content .... even as a little kid. I guess the closest was probably Pathways Into Darkness.

What scared me from "trying out" a game? The old D&D games where you had to create your own floppies to play it ... like 8 of them ... I could never get those games to work at all. Still can't even on emulation. Now THAT scared me .... returned Pool of Radiance when I was a kid. Ended up buying a strange game called Taskmaker instead that I absolutely LOVED and played the heck out of.
#20CloudisthebestPosted 4/29/2013 11:56:25 PM
Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time- when I went into the graveyard, then underneath I panicked and got scared.
---
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant