This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you play a game that was gay themed?

#1blablablax17Posted 4/30/2013 9:11:22 AM
I'm talking like over the top flamboyant gay.
Like with a great VAs and silly powers. And with ridiculous bad guys and clever levels. Like a beat-em-up?

I would. Sounds like fun.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#2SamA7XPosted 4/30/2013 9:20:59 AM
You mean like a stereotypical gay, I think that would offend both homosexuals and homophobics at the same time so maybe not a great idea.
#3theatrical_catPosted 4/30/2013 9:21:54 AM
Why does it have to be gay? Why can't it just be a wacky, over-the-top game? What's the point of making the guy a homosexual and starting a bunch of controversy?
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#4toadiemanPosted 4/30/2013 9:23:29 AM
No, sir I would not.
#5blablablax17(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:24:52 AM
Quote:Why does it have to be gay? Why can't it just be a wacky, over-the-top game? What's the point of making the guy a homosexual and starting a bunch of controversy?
@theatrical_cat

Because there are already wacky over the top games.
And they're usually pretty damn fun.

I'm asking if you would play one centered around being gay/ in a gay universe.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#6You_Need_A_LifePosted 4/30/2013 9:27:11 AM(edited)
The Ambiguously Gay Duo: The Gayme

Day 1 pre-order!
#7theatrical_catPosted 4/30/2013 9:26:37 AM
blablablax17 posted...
Quote:Why does it have to be gay? Why can't it just be a wacky, over-the-top game? What's the point of making the guy a homosexual and starting a bunch of controversy?
@theatrical_cat

Because there are already wacky over the top games.
And they're usually pretty damn fun.

I'm asking if you would play one centered around being gay/ in a gay universe.

No, I get that, I just don't get why it would be gay. I mean, what would it add to the game to make a character or characters stereotypes (and probably offensive stereotypes, at that)?
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#8Henry TownsendPosted 4/30/2013 9:26:48 AM
Maybe what would make you happy is if say, for example, Lollipop Chainsaw was Romeo instead of Juliet. That would basically tick all of your boxes. I would have to admit that would make that game even more weird though.
---
"i read the first one. it was so bad that my skin turned inside out and I rolled in a pile of salt just to make myself feel better."- AyumiSqueezetoy
#9TerotrousPosted 4/30/2013 9:31:50 AM
There's already been tons of Japanese games like this. Cho Aniki anyone?

The Bishi Bashi Special series is awesome, and it has its moments of dipping into this territory. Doesn't bother me any, it's kind of just accepted under general Japanese wackiness.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Aladdin"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#10LionheartCJPosted 4/30/2013 9:32:11 AM
What do you mean gay themed?

There is a huge difference between gay and over the top campy, which is if what you mean then hell no
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q - Best piece of videogame music, ever