This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you play a game that was gay themed?

#21LennyGcPosted 4/30/2013 10:23:35 AM
toadieman posted...
No, sir I would not.

---
.:PSN: LennyGC:. // Platinum trophies: 27
Platinum list: http://bit.ly/14Jxve0
#22leon_trunksPosted 4/30/2013 10:27:32 AM(edited)
No. Not unless the main char is female, or If there was a straight themed game with nipples, i'd play that instead.
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#23DzakaPosted 4/30/2013 10:44:07 AM
Depends entirely on what kind of game it was. I'm primarily an RPG freak, so if it looked as if it had a good story, characterization, and/or gameplay, I would probably go for it. I wouldn't play it -because- it was gay-themed/campy, but I would play it to enjoy a decent game.
---
We have enough youth. How about a Fountain of Smart? - George Carlin
#24betterboulderPosted 4/30/2013 10:45:29 AM
Lollipop Chainsaw but with a gay guy as the main character?
---
I don't get worried. I get punchy!
PSN/XBL: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#25Madrox23Posted 4/30/2013 10:55:25 AM
this is ridiculous.
---
A 22 year late abortion policy would be much better then what we have now. So we could see just what kind of person you become.
#26thisranksPosted 4/30/2013 11:21:02 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
The Ambiguously Gay Duo: The Gayme

Day 1 pre-order!

After looking at your post here then reading your username it became clear that you have a true understanding of sarcasm. Great post.

As for the topic, i just don't see this being universally accepted. People will talk a good game about being homosexual friendly, but when it comes to sales that's a different story. People won't want it forced on them.

Look at it this way. If the protagonist is gay i wouldn't care UNLESS the game forced scenes on me that might make me uncomfortable. Knowing is enough, needing to know/see more than that might ruin the experience.

It's the same as the regional arguments ... i know where games are developed. I don't need to have it force-fed to me as well. People who force feed you things like these subjects aren't doing it for the betterment of their respective positions, but are doing it for personal reasons that we might not all agree with.
---
She blinded me with region ....
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW
#27demonfang178Posted 4/30/2013 12:13:56 PM
Zurrur posted...
yes we need boku no pico the game

No. No. Not even as a joke do you mention that. Now people are going to google it.
#28GoatJugSoupPosted 4/30/2013 12:45:59 PM
If the key thing that is supposed to draw you to it is that it is sterotypical gay then probably not.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#29SigmaHacielPosted 4/30/2013 12:47:32 PM
So essentially a Suda game? Sure why not.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#30Runner_stylePosted 4/30/2013 12:49:03 PM
Reading the OP I couldn't help but think of Big Gay Al being a protagonist in a game...
---
'Weeaboo, Troll, Fanboy, White Knight' are the last defence used by idiots hoping by saying it will some how validate their opinions/arguments.