This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tired of Rockstar acting like theyre so damn cool...

#1AssaultMonkey9Posted 4/30/2013 9:48:10 AM
10 years ago it was awesome when they would get us excited for a screenshot of Vice city or a trailer here and there.

But now with GTA5, I'm not buying it on any level. Not showing gameplay, and what is shown, at least graphically, shows us why we need new gaming hardware.

Saints row 2 and 3 did a lot of things better than GTA4 (some worse). For the first time since being blown away by GTA3, I'm not that excited for another modern day open world GTA game

It will have gritty, down to earth cutscenes of awkward looking facial structures using profanities and yelling at each other, then I go into the car and drive to the blue dot on my radar and kill all the red dot people.

Anyone else yawning through this one? R* can surprise me by making a great game, but their time of gaining my excitement over teasing a freaking box art is over
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, AC3
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#2KenauePosted 4/30/2013 9:50:25 AM
But now with GTA5, I'm not buying it on any level. Not showing gameplay, and what is shown, at least graphically, shows us why we need new gaming hardware.

You know you don't need new hardware to play GTAV, right?
---
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga (PS2), P3:FES (PS2), Black Ops 2 (Wii U), Fallout: NV (PC), Portal 2 (PC)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#3Lord_XandrosPosted 4/30/2013 9:51:12 AM
So then don't buy it. One less sale isn't going to make anyone cry.

Its been that formula since GTA3, and I'm assuming a lot of fans don't want a drastic change.

Besides, the main storyline isn't really a huge part of the game. I recall playing the PS2 games up to the point where I had the other islands unlocked, then didn't bother with the story, I just played around. The only one I did finish was GTA:SA.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#4RemakeMePosted 4/30/2013 9:59:32 AM
Kenaue posted...

reading comprehension fail... he's saying the graphics sux and telling us we need next gen hardware so we can be blown away again by a GTA game.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#5SoliquidusPosted 4/30/2013 10:03:25 AM
Rockstar is overrated. They are good, but definitely overrated in my opinion.
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#6RemakeMePosted 4/30/2013 10:06:13 AM
it looks like GTA4 on a bigger scale...which is ugh.

I bet a lot of people are gonna hate on this game just like GTA4, but i bet a lot of those people will like Trevors part of the game only - probably because the other 2 will be typical GTA4 boring missions while Trevor will probably be the craziest of the 3 and probably the closest to the older GTA's (SA)

I don't mind a sandbox game being more serious with less emphasis on the sandbox but it freaking needs game variety, NOT comedy clubs or fake internet and tv sites and boring pool and darts.

The gameplay/gunplay/driving needs to be also REALLY good (Which GTA games are pretty standard in) Red Dead Redemption had the dead eye feature going for it, which to me made it a lot more fun.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#7KenauePosted 4/30/2013 10:22:46 AM
RemakeMe posted...
Kenaue posted...

reading comprehension fail... he's saying the graphics sux and telling us we need next gen hardware so we can be blown away again by a GTA game.

That's it. I'm going back to bed until my brain decides to function normally.
---
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga (PS2), P3:FES (PS2), Black Ops 2 (Wii U), Fallout: NV (PC), Portal 2 (PC)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#8Ghetto_ninjaPosted 4/30/2013 10:29:51 AM
As if it was functioning properly before?
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!
#9leon_trunksPosted 4/30/2013 10:30:05 AM
How dare you criticize Rockstar!
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#10AwayFromHerePosted 4/30/2013 10:34:17 AM
Game looks awesome.

You don't like it? Don't buy it, but don't complain about it.

But I used to like GTA! I don't like what they've done to it! It's wrong!

Okay, I used to like GTA as well, I still do, but I used to too. Who the hell are you to say a video game company is wrong for what they do with their game? You are under no obligation to purchase or even play the game.

Saints Row is better!

Then buy Saints Row and forget GTA exists.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.