This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much is this PS3 worth?

#1Son_of_ManaPosted 4/30/2013 11:15:37 AM(edited)
Click the link and look at the PS3 console.

It is a brand new never been played PS3 60 GB CECHA01 Backwards compatable model from launch.

Is is brand new and never used. It is custom and I'd like to get some feedback on how much y'all think it's worth, and what you like/dislike about it.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A85oqs3qlr4Gn
---
J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!! Till I muthaeffin DIE Homie!! Westside Thug Life
#2este914Posted 4/30/2013 11:21:51 AM
Hmmm. So hard to put a price on something like that.
There are a lot of + factors that tie into the system such as;
-Original BC model (highly sought after by many)
-The custom paint job
-"Brand new"

However the one - that many people will say outshines all of those + factors is the fact that it IS an original model. Many will associate the original models to high failure rate. And I know a lot of people who wont touch those systems even if it's got BC.

As to a price tag to put on it. Well I just don't know. Start high, obviously, and then adjust accordingly. Looks like it has a lot of sentimental value too, which is often times hard to put a price tag on ...
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth, Man, Legend.
#3leon_trunksPosted 4/30/2013 11:38:45 AM
$599 us dollars
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#4KenauePosted 4/30/2013 11:50:45 AM
Not much of a fan of the paint job, but a 60GB system alone is tough to find these days. (Took me 6 months to find one at a decent price. Got mine for $230 back in like November. )
---
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga (PS2), P3:FES (PS2), Black Ops 2 (Wii U), Fallout: NV (PC), Portal 2 (PC)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#5AwayFromHerePosted 4/30/2013 11:53:24 AM
Never been used? So it's just been sitting for 6 years? Better hope it was stored perfectly, otherwise, it probably wouldn't last a week of regular play.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#6Son_of_Mana(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 2:08:18 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Never been used? So it's just been sitting for 6 years? Better hope it was stored perfectly, otherwise, it probably wouldn't last a week of regular play.

I bought I myself brand new factory sealed from ebay about 2 years ago.

After I I opened it and had the custom paint/laser job, I stored It away while using my ps3 slim and ps2.
---
#7SilentXwingPosted 4/30/2013 2:11:55 PM
A ps3 Slim is like $250.
---
PSN: Dark_Striker1229
Uncharted fan Over Here!
#8Son_of_Mana(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 4:44:49 PM
SilentXwing posted...
A ps3 Slim is like $250.

You're not understanding the discussion
---
#9ShineboxerPosted 4/30/2013 4:50:01 PM
Nothing, it looks like someone one took a sharpie to a console and thought that would classify it as art.

Worth little to anybody other than its current owner.

Also, sharing on stupid Icloud? This person must think highly of themselves.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#10kel25Posted 4/30/2013 5:35:27 PM
Son_of_Mana posted...
SilentXwing posted...
A ps3 Slim is like $250.

You're not understanding the discussion

No, gets it. He is simply pointing out that most people will not pay more than the cost of a slim. People that find backwards capabilities important probably bought a 60 gig a long time ago.

I checked your link but I get no image found. The fact that you customized a "new" system really was a bad move that destroys the value.

First of all, not everyone shares your taste so just because you may like the looks of it doesn't mean anyone else will.

You also have a custom PS3 which screws anyone that wants to send it in to Sony for repairs. They will flat out reject the system and if they do take it they will just send a different PS3 back to you.

Finally, people that want a new launch PS3 will probably want it as a collectors item. Collectors want mint in box and your customization ruined that.

Not to mention the 60 gig PS3s are prone to breakdown. I've had to send mine to Sony 4 times for repairs since I got it a month after launch.

In the end you will be lucky to get $100 for the system.