This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the toughest video game boss ever? Optional or otherwise?

#141AltimisPosted 5/1/2013 8:29:43 AM
Probably one of those bosses from MMORPGS that go unbeaten for years, with people having 24 hour long attempts at them. I think Final Fantasy XI had one as an optional boss.
#142smokeywon123456Posted 5/1/2013 8:29:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#143HabefietPosted 5/1/2013 8:36:44 AM
Eleyna999 posted...
Abyssion from Tales of Symphonia. One of my friends and I spent an entire afternoon in the fight against him. Only way to survive was to use an item that halved all damage dealt by your party and the enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBIBCmfK_-U

He's not really that bad.

Also shoutouts to whoever mentioned Whitney from Pokemon Gold/Silver. Definitely not one of the "hardest bosses of all time" but would probably clock in on a list of "most unexpectedly difficult bosses." The leader of an early gym in a Pokemon game--should be a total walk in the park and relatively forgettable, and yet her Miltank is legendary because it can easily destroy your entire party unless you're way overleveled, have multiple Pokemon with type advantages already, or both. Or if you get stupidly lucky. It's a force of destruction that I wish Nintendo were better at emulating in other gym leaders / rival battles / etc.--Whitney's Miltank seems to be an accident, and it'd be nice if more big "boss fights" in Pokemon were actually somewhat difficult.
#144TalgrundPosted 5/1/2013 8:39:02 AM
Dark Link
#145pixel378Posted 5/1/2013 8:39:09 AM
I can't remember, the only hard bosses that come to mind for me are always from RPG games because i'm always underleveled and run into something i'm really unprepared for.

But probably the optional bosses in kingdom hearts 1 in neverland and agrabah, those things kicked my ass when I was like 10 lol.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#146TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 5/1/2013 8:40:37 AM
Red Falcon's Brain from Contra 3.

You're all too young to have a clue, but trust me. Unless you glitched, it was literally impossible.

/Thread
---
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
#147TsuzuruPosted 5/1/2013 8:44:57 AM
Topic is kinda over already, Hito Shura......**** that piece of crap,
still to this day i never beat him.
#148arcnovaPosted 5/1/2013 8:51:48 AM
TheKnifeMonkey posted...
Red Falcon's Brain from Contra 3.

You're all too young to have a clue, but trust me. Unless you glitched, it was literally impossible.

/Thread

red falcons brain was EASY with duo crash rapid fire switching teqnique
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#149indigna7ionPosted 5/1/2013 8:55:45 AM
Armored Core: Last Raven on ps2. Zinaida the boss for the 5th ending.
#150spooky96Posted 5/1/2013 9:02:26 AM
Of course Bowser.
---
Focus Blast and Stone Edge have 0% accuracy.