This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the toughest video game boss ever? Optional or otherwise?

#151RikkettikPosted 5/1/2013 10:03:11 AM
Pretty much all the bosses (except perhaps the first four or five, and of course Wallman) from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Not to just beat, but to beat without taking a single hit yourself. Gravedorcus is a nightmare to dodge when he jumps out of the ground, Albus has those normal bullets that come out of nowhere, Barlowe has that attack in which he flies around the room in a shell of lightning, Blackmore has his punch + fireball combo, Eligor is somehow able to hurt you when you're standing up top of him, Death has those sickles (that actually managed to kill me after I killed him) and Dracula is just Dracula.
#152Zantetsuken_GPosted 5/1/2013 10:06:29 AM
Star Ocean 2's final boss Idaelico with limiter off. This was before I had internet, didn't know turned on the hard version of the boss. Think I didn't beat him til I was lvl 140ish, and if i interrupted his I kill you attack "Divine Comedy"(prolly one of my favorite names for a final attack).
---
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
#153megamanfanPosted 5/1/2013 10:12:19 AM
I saw someone mention Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Still can't get past the first round. I may have to try him again on the Wii tonight.

I was surprised nobody mentioned the clone battle on God Mode in God of War. I spent many an hour trying to defend my family only to see versions of Kratos literally tear my body apart. I gave up and only attempted regular and hard mode on GOW II. GOW III is waiting in the wings...
---
A PS2 & PS3 backlog?
I've been called a lot of things, but being described as a snobby cheerleader is an entirely new experience.-Asgard
#154JTekashiroPosted 5/1/2013 10:14:38 AM
uNc0nTr011aB13 posted...
Dullahan without summon rushing (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
Magician Faust (Legend of Dragoon)
Culex without lazy shell (Super Mario RPG)

Dang son.... you play easy games.
#155GreenKnight127Posted 5/1/2013 10:16:32 AM
Digital Devil Saga's Satan and/or the hero from Nocturne optional fight.

You NEED Cielo's lucky dodge to survive.

And no, "lucky dodge" isn't some attack you can earn.

It is simply a glitch within the game where Cielo has a higher chance of evading enemy attacks regardless of his "luck" statistic. And no, you wouldn't know this unless you looked it up online.

You NEED him in your party to survive the ultimate attack from this boss (which instantly kills you NO MATTER WHAT.

There is a small chance Cielo will be able to dodge this attack. And only Cielo.

If he isn't in your part, the battle is 100% impossible.

Even if your other characters have higher evade and luck than Cielo, it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Kinda cheap, if you ask me.
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#156Dark7Knights1Posted 5/1/2013 10:18:21 AM
Freya from Star Ocean: Till The End of Time

I beat her eventually, but the fight was 30 minutes of torture and frustration.
---
Makes sense to me...
PSN: Dark7Knights1 Pawn: Scarlet (Level 200 Ranger)
#157KenauePosted 5/1/2013 10:19:43 AM
Birth By Sleep. Lingering Sentiment Secret Boss.Although, I suppose toughest isn't the right word. Cheapest is a good one though.
---
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga (PS2), P3:FES (PS2), Black Ops 2 (Wii U), Fallout: NV (PC), Portal 2 (PC)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#158jrr18Posted 5/1/2013 10:21:30 AM(edited)
the extra ops custom helicopter in plantation map on MGSPW.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#159VernnonPosted 5/1/2013 10:22:44 AM
I'm going to have to with either Ivan Ooze, from Mm Power Rangers (SNES) or the Final boss or any boss actually from Gaurdian Heroes remix mode.
#160yarow12Posted 5/1/2013 10:26:03 AM
Minita from Xenosaga Episode 1.
---
Where are all the trees going? o.O
{not changing sig until humanity meets responsibility June 2008}