This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the toughest video game boss ever? Optional or otherwise?

#161Emi3280Posted 5/1/2013 10:27:59 AM
Dream Devourer, from Chrono Trigger for the DS version. He didn't appear in the original SNES version, nor in the PS1 port. It's one of the hardest bosses from all, and it's an optional boss. He can finish off all of your characters in one blow if you're not at least level 80 (by the time I defeated him, my characters were all above 95 and I struggled through the whole fight).
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#162kikobusterPosted 5/1/2013 10:28:57 AM
The ladder in MGS3.
#163arcnovaPosted 5/1/2013 10:43:40 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...
Digital Devil Saga's Satan and/or the hero from Nocturne optional fight.

You NEED Cielo's lucky dodge to survive.

And no, "lucky dodge" isn't some attack you can earn.

It is simply a glitch within the game where Cielo has a higher chance of evading enemy attacks regardless of his "luck" statistic. And no, you wouldn't know this unless you looked it up online.

You NEED him in your party to survive the ultimate attack from this boss (which instantly kills you NO MATTER WHAT.

There is a small chance Cielo will be able to dodge this attack. And only Cielo.

If he isn't in your part, the battle is 100% impossible.

Even if your other characters have higher evade and luck than Cielo, it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Kinda cheap, if you ask me.

no you dont, you need everyo0ne to know null sleep
have your party get hit with dormina and get put to sleep
when asleep with the null sleep skill ALL Attacks ( even gaeas rage with 100% miss every time)
THATS how you beat him
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#164L0ck3FFPosted 5/1/2013 10:43:47 AM
chaosflame108 posted...
Star Ocean 3/till the end of time: Freya.

Ridiculous amount of HP(something like 60 billion), has a "Good Game" attack that she uses routinely through out the fight, and said attack covers a huge span of the battle map. Jesus. -_________-

and in 4D , oh god i so sorry
---
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back !
GET MAD !
#165reincarna_tubePosted 5/1/2013 10:52:30 AM
The entire last 2 stages of Shinobi on Very Hard, for PS2.

The final boss is just unfair.

Also, Solidus' chokehold in MGS2 on Extreme.
---
PSN: RocketTube
#166smoky820Posted 5/1/2013 10:53:00 AM
has anyone mentioned that one boss from final fantasy 11 that people literally died trying to kill? i dont remember its name (i want to think it was called absolute virtue or one of the jailers but cant be sure) but didnt that boss go over a year before anyone beat it?
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.
#167CaptainLukaPosted 5/1/2013 10:55:46 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...
Digital Devil Saga's Satan and/or the hero from Nocturne optional fight.

You NEED Cielo's lucky dodge to survive.

And no, "lucky dodge" isn't some attack you can earn.

It is simply a glitch within the game where Cielo has a higher chance of evading enemy attacks regardless of his "luck" statistic. And no, you wouldn't know this unless you looked it up online.

You NEED him in your party to survive the ultimate attack from this boss (which instantly kills you NO MATTER WHAT.

There is a small chance Cielo will be able to dodge this attack. And only Cielo.

If he isn't in your part, the battle is 100% impossible.

Even if your other characters have higher evade and luck than Cielo, it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Kinda cheap, if you ask me.

It's funny how wrong, yet how certain you are.
---
Now playing: Pandora's Tower, Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, Fire Emblem Awakening, The World Ends With You
#168KenauePosted 5/1/2013 10:58:30 AM
smoky820 posted...
has anyone mentioned that one boss from final fantasy 11 that people literally died trying to kill? i dont remember its name (i want to think it was called absolute virtue or one of the jailers but cant be sure) but didnt that boss go over a year before anyone beat it?

You mean the one where the battle against it lasted like 14 hours?
---
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga (PS2), P3:FES (PS2), Black Ops 2 (Wii U), Fallout: NV (PC), Portal 2 (PC)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#169DemonicChaosXXPosted 5/1/2013 11:06:00 AM
Norton in Star Ocean 3.

XD jk, I haven't tried Universe or 4D modes, but really ?The first boss? How pathetic would that be?

My guess would be a tie between Lord Ix 2 in Sonic Chronicles(Yes i went there) and All of the Org. 13(Non story) battles in KH 2 Final Mix. Especially Marluxia who you have to fight without letting both your battle poitns, which reflect on your level, and your HP hit zero. Plus, He will also be stronger based on your level.
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84
#170wh0_kn0wsPosted 5/1/2013 11:07:20 AM
chaosflame108 posted...
tactikz4 posted...
MGS Peace Walker

I lol'd...........unless you're talking about some of those custom battles.

those aren't even hard. the only thing hard is s-ranking tanks. that's it.
---
it's simple. just be nice.