This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the toughest video game boss ever? Optional or otherwise?

#261wh0_kn0wsPosted 5/2/2013 8:20:14 AM
EricCrapton posted...
Also, Ozma from FFIX.

i beat ozma without equipping steiner with anything, by accident.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#262ZasterrorPosted 5/2/2013 8:43:40 AM
Lucifer - Nocturne

Nyx from P3: FES was the hardest final boss I've ever played again (and probably most annoying)
---
Miami Heat: CHAMPIONS. Hate harder
This signature was designed for YOUR viewing pleasure.
#263KaijinSurohmPosted 5/2/2013 9:04:08 AM
The Gargoyle in Koudelka.
---
Vlad Specalist - Summoner Name: KaijinSurohm
*Insults hold no weight with me. Well thought out responses hold my respect. Integrity is amazing, so use it.*
#264rahmed51387Posted 5/2/2013 9:34:50 AM
If you were insane, taking on Lavos from Chrono Trigger at your very first opportunity.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#265DrakillionPosted 5/2/2013 10:29:23 AM
For me, it'd probably be the Harrier on Extreme for MGS2. I just. Can not. Beat him. Man, I've slayed Yiazmat (Is that how you spell it?) exorcized Satan from SMT: Nocturne on Hard (with a bit of luck. He rarely used his heavy hitting spells at all. Thank you RNG gods!) proved my worth to Elizabeth from Persona 3, and even beat Joker from Batman for the NES but that mother****** Harrier just gets, me everytime :(

I don't know why. I just can't. You know, I almost beat him, maybe 3 more missiles, then he power rangers me with its machine gun. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-
---

Special mention to Marie for Skullgirls on Insane difficulty before the huge 500+mb update. I have it for the 360 so she's a lot harder because you don't get meter as much and she doesn't flinch. I'd always try to solo her as Parasoul but it's ALWAYS the last form that kills me. I actually beat her but it was really lucky.

For some reason, I was able to get gain another level 3 meter. Marie only had THIS much health during her second form. Just a few combos would cause her to move on to her third form. Guess what? I used Inferno Brigade, and at that same exact moment, she summoned her shadow to do that drop kick of great justice. At that point, Parasoul and her troops just ate away at her health like crazy and it actually killed her, completely bypassing her "metamorphosis invincibility" when she transitions between her forms. Her shadow killed me, but it counted as a win! Whooo! After that, I can't replicate that success. It was pure luck. Number of St. Peter's crosses Marie collected from unaware, voluptuous red heads: 135. Yeah, I died a lot :/ Also, I have to mention, her skull barrage from her first form can trigger an infinity. That's just sad.
---
Mitsuru Kirijo voices Tara Platt.
#266SaienuPosted 5/2/2013 10:52:15 AM
Zasterror posted...
Lucifer - Nocturne

Nyx from P3: FES was the hardest final boss I've ever played again (and probably most annoying)

You know, I never understood the problem people had with Nyx, my party wasn't maxed out or even close for that matter, and I went through him on my first try. (As far as I can remember at least, it's been a long time.)
---
http://pandalogic.deviantart.com/
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ArmorNine
#267rahmed51387Posted 5/2/2013 10:56:19 AM
Drakillion posted...
For me, it'd probably be the Harrier on Extreme for MGS2. I just. Can not. Beat him. Man, I've slayed Yiazmat (Is that how you spell it?) exorcized Satan from SMT: Nocturne on Hard (with a bit of luck. He rarely used his heavy hitting spells at all. Thank you RNG gods!) proved my worth to Elizabeth from Persona 3, and even beat Joker from Batman for the NES but that mother****** Harrier just gets, me everytime :(

I don't know why. I just can't. You know, I almost beat him, maybe 3 more missiles, then he power rangers me with its machine gun. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-
---

Special mention to Marie for Skullgirls on Insane difficulty before the huge 500+mb update. I have it for the 360 so she's a lot harder because you don't get meter as much and she doesn't flinch. I'd always try to solo her as Parasoul but it's ALWAYS the last form that kills me. I actually beat her but it was really lucky.

For some reason, I was able to get gain another level 3 meter. Marie only had THIS much health during her second form. Just a few combos would cause her to move on to her third form. Guess what? I used Inferno Brigade, and at that same exact moment, she summoned her shadow to do that drop kick of great justice. At that point, Parasoul and her troops just ate away at her health like crazy and it actually killed her, completely bypassing her "metamorphosis invincibility" when she transitions between her forms. Her shadow killed me, but it counted as a win! Whooo! After that, I can't replicate that success. It was pure luck. Number of St. Peter's crosses Marie collected from unaware, voluptuous red heads: 135. Yeah, I died a lot :/ Also, I have to mention, her skull barrage from her first form can trigger an infinity. That's just sad.

That's pretty odd that the Harrier (while definitely no slouch) was your hardest on MGS2. Be VERY glad then you didn't attempt the Rays... the Harrier was a taste of that.

As for Marie, basically combos are the worst way to go about this. You'd have to cheese her j.HK repeatedly, and block until you have Inferno Brigade available. Also her Motor Brigade (where she sends the biker soldiers) served as a way for you to get through her projectile skulls. Long story short, if there is any distance between the two of you, you're essentially screwed. I usually used other characters to build up meter and tagged Para's lvl. 3 the moment I had enough.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#268sw00p_0nePosted 5/2/2013 11:43:51 AM
Alma from Ninja Gaiden. (not NGB)
---
"This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and 16 year old girls are FBI agents."
#269The_DarkwalkerPosted 5/2/2013 11:46:43 AM
The final form of the last boss in Demon's Crest for SNES. That dude was a pain in my taint.
---
The highest sail catches the most wind. And right now I'm at full mast.
#270HeiiHachiiPosted 5/2/2013 11:55:40 AM
Pandemonium Warden

a whole clan of online players, fought this boss for 18 hours strait and didnt even killed it. people were getting sick and passing out, developers had to tone the boss down because it was tooo damn HARD!