This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the toughest video game boss ever? Optional or otherwise?

#271ZasterrorPosted 5/2/2013 12:16:19 PM
Saienu posted...
Zasterror posted...
Lucifer - Nocturne

Nyx from P3: FES was the hardest final boss I've ever played again (and probably most annoying)

You know, I never understood the problem people had with Nyx, my party wasn't maxed out or even close for that matter, and I went through him on my first try. (As far as I can remember at least, it's been a long time.)

As far as difficulty, Nyx wasn't extremely hard but many people like myself got unlucky around the end of the fight and ended up: either healing her to max health with Diarahan due to getting Charmed or getting a face full of that Almighty Attack and Night Queen on consecutive turns, which was near impossible to defend unless you were a high level. Me restoring her health to full happened at least 3 times and me getting killed by the Almighty assaults happened at least 5 times. Luckily, I beat her.

Nyx was difficult to me because I've never raged that much from a regular Final Boss in ANY video game and I've played tons of games. The very fact that the battle can take like half an hour to an hour long then getting screwed when you are about to kill it is the most frustrating thing for me.
Lucifer from Nocturne was much harder and just as time-consuming (especially if you don't get Pierce and Frugikel for the MC) but it was acceptable because it was a secret boss.
---
Miami Heat: CHAMPIONS. Hate harder
This signature was designed for YOUR viewing pleasure.
#272Materia-KeeperPosted 5/2/2013 12:33:19 PM
Megawizard posted...
Materia-Keeper posted...
Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII. If you aren't prepared for that battle, hell if you are prepared, it can still be a pain in the ass.

If you ARE prepared you're invincible for 95% of it; heh. There's no way you could burn through 100 Holy Wars and not have killed him by then with that many limit breaks; especially once he's hit with Vit0.

That is just game breaking. -_-
---
TC, I think you're pregnant. You missed too many periods. - Prealienking
#273SSJ_JinPosted 5/2/2013 12:46:27 PM
Spoilers

The clone battle on God Mode in God of War

The final boss on Super in Shinobi for PS2. He has one random ass move where he will constantly teleport behind you and sometimes your dash will avoid even all hits and other times he'll just slap the **** outta you. If you don't stop him from doing this move then you better hope...lol

DMD Vergil DMC3 because this dude respawned his health like 50 million times.

Jaquio (sp?) in Ninja Gaiden 2 for NES. I beat NG3, I didn't get past Ryu's dad in NG1, (he killed me with one hit left, then I couldn't past the level again without the flipping sword attack because a stupid bird would spawn and knock me into the pit) and I've made it many times to Jaquio in NG2. But I just couldn't dodge anything. He flies around the whole screen and shoots at you, I just couldn't.

Shadow Dancer final boss. I just never could beat him and his stupid ninja spawning statues.

Streets of Rage 3 final boss if you want to get the good ending and not use Shiva. How the hell do you beat him within the time limit!?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#274SmkvttslzztPosted 5/2/2013 3:16:22 PM
None of these are probably considered the toughest ever, but they're the only ones I can think of at the moment that gave me considerable trouble.

*SPOILERS FOR SEVERAL GAMES AHEAD*

A few fights from Final Fantasy Tactics come to mind:

Gafgarion and crew at Golgorand Execution Site your first time through the game.
Gafgarion and crew at the Gates of Lionel Castle.
Weigraf/Velius.

Now multiply these all by 100 in a Solo Straight Character Challenge. o_o Never did get past Weigraf/Velius with my Archer SSCC.

Id from Xenogears at the Ethos Dig site.

Flamelurker from Demon's Souls (even after having played all of Dark Souls first).
Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls.

The first fight with Gades on Lufia II (on Normal, not Retry!). You're supposed to lose this fight, but if you win you get Gades Sword which is incredible at this point in the game.

Metroid Prime (the final boss in MP1) on Hard.

Some of the bosses in Baldur's Gate 1/2 are pretty unforgiving as well as Icewind Dale (never played the second). Mostly just game reload spams though.

Dem in Cthulu Saves the World (hard enough on normal, can't imagine on higher difficulties).
#275muji25Posted 5/2/2013 3:17:04 PM
Went through the first 20 pages and didn't see any mention of this incredibly hard game.

I wanna be the Boshy.

Go ahead and try and fight Mega Man, Sonic or Solgryn without watching someone else do it first. Those are definitely the hardest boss fights I've gone through.
#276gamemaster712Posted 5/2/2013 3:33:54 PM
ValorZrayk posted...
The hardest boss I've fought is The Mysterious Figure from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Only beat him once with Ven, that was it.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#277WiiareVenomPosted 5/2/2013 6:30:28 PM
Rikkettik posted...
Pretty much all the bosses (except perhaps the first four or five, and of course Wallman) from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Not to just beat, but to beat without taking a single hit yourself. Gravedorcus is a nightmare to dodge when he jumps out of the ground, Albus has those normal bullets that come out of nowhere, Barlowe has that attack in which he flies around the room in a shell of lightning, Blackmore has his punch + fireball combo, Eligor is somehow able to hurt you when you're standing up top of him, Death has those sickles (that actually managed to kill me after I killed him) and Dracula is just Dracula.

Ugh, the only way I have ever been able to beat that version of Dracula is without getting hit, and resorting to the death ring, thats how tough he is. CV3's version is harder<.<

The hardest ones I have fought are Ruby Weapon (FF7), and Lingering Sentiment in Kingdom Hearts BBS.

Maybe Elizebeth.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.