This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD or Kingdom Hearts HD?

#1matt091282Posted 4/30/2013 9:29:47 PM
RPG'ers: Which one are you looking forward to the most? - Results (82 votes)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
68.29% (56 votes)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix
31.71% (26 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic. What is your choice and why?

It's a tough call for me. I have played X already, but it's been so long and I can't wait to relive it. I remember not liking X-2 that much (didn't play much of it), but I am willing to give it another shot for sure.

Outside of playing KH briefly when it came out, I didn't get into it as much as I wanted. So, that and the other games will basically be a fresh experience for me and I can't wait.
#2theatrical_catPosted 4/30/2013 9:32:06 PM
Oh, Kingdom Hearts so hard. Has two of my favorite games in the series (and one terrible movie, but I can overlook that).

FFX/X-2 has some of the worst voice acting in history and a game that even die hard FF fans are ashamed of. No thank you.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#3matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:34:36 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
Oh, Kingdom Hearts so hard. Has two of my favorite games in the series (and one terrible movie, but I can overlook that).

FFX/X-2 has some of the worst voice acting in history and a game that even die hard FF fans are ashamed of. No thank you.

Yeah I've heard good things about KH HD. Obviously the first game is an epic experience and Chain of Memories is a very good title (going by only what I've heard of course). I hope Days is still decent, though. It's only cutscenes of course and other stuff, but it still sounds like a lot. More than worth the money.
#4matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:58:04 PM
Bump.

These are some of the best RPGs of all time! :D
#5Jack_TamakiPosted 4/30/2013 10:04:20 PM
Ugh, I really want to say both however since Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD's release date is to the best of my knowledge unknown; I have to say Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX. These games held some of the best childhood memories I had.
---
PSN ID: Jack_Tamaki
#6kel25Posted 4/30/2013 10:05:04 PM
I played the original KH game and that was more than enough of the series for me. I didn't like the combat system and I disliked the cheesy storyline that mixed FF and Disney characters. It doesn't help that I rarely like crossovers of any kind.

FF X was the last FF game I really enjoyed despite having several problems with the game. I despise the story in X-2 and consider it among the worst stories ever written but they game has the best combat system for any FF game.

I'm not a big fan of either but I like FF X/X-2 HD more.
#7matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:08:20 PM
As far as I know, most if not all of the FF characters in the KH games were just kind of there as filler. They really weren't huge in the story at all, but I could be wrong.

The games look like a lot of fun and I am a pretty big Disney guy, so I will probably automatically like them. :D
#8Evil_GogetaPosted 4/30/2013 10:09:12 PM
Already finished 2/3 games on KH HD, so FFX/X-2 HD.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (Vita) PSO2 and Time Travellers. (PC) Monster Hunter Frontier
#9theatrical_catPosted 4/30/2013 10:11:05 PM
matt091282 posted...
As far as I know, most if not all of the FF characters in the KH games were just kind of there as filler. They really weren't huge in the story at all, but I could be wrong.

The games look like a lot of fun and I am a pretty big Disney guy, so I will probably automatically like them. :D

They're basically non-sexy fanservice (unless you find stilted dialogue and cutscenes sexy).

They are a lot of fun, though be wary of Re:CoM- for some unholy reason, they went with a card-based battle system that can be really stupid at times. Most people hate it, and I totally understand why; personally, I feel that it's not that bad, and if you can get used to it, it's the best KH game without a 1 or 2 in the title.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#10matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:13:15 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
matt091282 posted...

They're basically non-sexy fanservice (unless you find stilted dialogue and cutscenes sexy).

They are a lot of fun, though be wary of Re:CoM- for some unholy reason, they went with a card-based battle system that can be really stupid at times. Most people hate it, and I totally understand why; personally, I feel that it's not that bad, and if you can get used to it, it's the best KH game without a 1 or 2 in the title.

Yeah, when looking the games up on KHInsider (great website, by the way), I saw that. It looks really stupid. Hopefully I can pick it up rather easily.

Fan service can be good. I saw this game has Coliseum battles where you can fight Cloud and Sephiroth which is neat. One of the boss encounters even has you go up against Squall and Yuffie. heh