This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is worse - FF13 or Ni No Kuni?

#1StickyJumperPosted 4/30/2013 9:40:42 PM
I hear a lot of flack about Ni No Kuni

and of course the hate for FF13 is undeniable

Which one is worse?
#2Muv-LuvPosted 4/30/2013 9:43:01 PM
Final Fantasy XIII
#3mogar002Posted 4/30/2013 9:43:51 PM
not sure if serious
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#4KulaXDiamondPosted 4/30/2013 9:45:09 PM
Ni no kuni. Lightning is a great character. Shed top a 100 greatest video.game character of all times list. Anyone else's opinion is trolling.
---
Psn-Mydecember89
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 4/30/2013 9:45:16 PM
The only flack Ni No Kuni gets is the art design. As a whole, the game is a better RPG than FF XIII, which takes more away from the tried and true standards of an RPG than it advances it. Especially since it's influenced by Call of Duty which that alone should be embarrassing to even admit by the director
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6z827Posted 4/30/2013 9:47:33 PM
Gameplay-wise, well, Ni no Kuni feels like you've sat on a pin or something.
The ally AI is TERRIBLE and the mechanics are bumpy. (You wouldn't really mind the gameplay flaws until you fight against a boss.)
The concept, however, may be rather nostalgic for some and seriously reminds one of Brave Story.

FFXIII on the other hand had an interesting enough of a gameplay (I'm probably going to get flamed for this) and an interesting concept but the characters, the main course for a FF game, were horrible. (Again, I expect to be flamed for this.)
Some of them were likeable enough whilst others like *cough* Snow, were annoying to the state of which you wish he exists solely for the sake to serve as your punching bag.
---
Char Aznable : "A Mobile Suit's performance does not decide a battle's outcome!"
#7matt091282Posted 4/30/2013 9:49:03 PM
Maybe XIII wasn't quality enough to be a FF title. But, it's still a pretty solid RPG nonetheless. Not great, but good. Sometimes I wonder if it had a different name, if it still would've gotten as much negativity as it did.
#8mogar002Posted 4/30/2013 9:52:15 PM
matt091282 posted...
Maybe XIII wasn't quality enough to be a FF title. But, it's still a pretty solid RPG nonetheless. Not great, but good. Sometimes I wonder if it had a different name, if it still would've gotten as much negativity as it did.

Its name is probably the only thing that saved it. If it was a new IP reviewers probably would have slammed it and it would have sold like crap like LR.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#9theatrical_catPosted 4/30/2013 9:53:45 PM
KulaXDiamond posted...
Ni no kuni. Lightning is a great character. Shed top a 100 greatest video.game character of all times list. Anyone else's opinion is trolling.

"If someone says a character I like is dumb, they're lying!!!"
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#10KulaXDiamondPosted 4/30/2013 9:54:56 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
KulaXDiamond posted...

"If someone says a character I like is dumb, they're lying!!!"

Thank you for.agreeing with me baby doll
---
Psn-Mydecember89