This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is worse - FF13 or Ni No Kuni?

#11matt091282Posted 4/30/2013 8:57:17 PM
mogar002 posted...
matt091282 posted...
Maybe XIII wasn't quality enough to be a FF title. But, it's still a pretty solid RPG nonetheless. Not great, but good. Sometimes I wonder if it had a different name, if it still would've gotten as much negativity as it did.

Its name is probably the only thing that saved it. If it was a new IP reviewers probably would have slammed it and it would have sold like crap like LR.

Heh, could be. Lightning was still pretty popular, so who knows.

I'll be really interested to see how LR sells. The HD Collections of X/X-2 and KH combined might outsell it. lol
#12z827Posted 4/30/2013 8:59:31 PM
matt091282 posted...
mogar002 posted...
matt091282 posted...
Maybe XIII wasn't quality enough to be a FF title. But, it's still a pretty solid RPG nonetheless. Not great, but good. Sometimes I wonder if it had a different name, if it still would've gotten as much negativity as it did.

Its name is probably the only thing that saved it. If it was a new IP reviewers probably would have slammed it and it would have sold like crap like LR.

I'll be really interested to see how LR sells. The HD Collections of X/X-2 and KH combined might outsell it. lol

Beautiful tough chicks always winds up being popular - or just beautiful for the matter.
---
Char Aznable : "A Mobile Suit's performance does not decide a battle's outcome!"
#13mogar002Posted 4/30/2013 8:59:50 PM
People only like Lightning because she's a girl. She is bland and one dimensional.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#14matt091282Posted 4/30/2013 9:00:18 PM
z827 posted...
matt091282 posted...
mogar002 posted...
matt091282 posted...

Beautiful tough chicks always winds up being popular - or just beautiful for the matter.

This is true. Lara Croft says hi. heh
#15kel25Posted 4/30/2013 9:00:19 PM
Story - Ni No Kuni had a dull story that started off as a unique story (for RPGs) about trying to save his mom that morphed into your typical RPG story. FF XIII had a story that was so poorly written that it forced people to read datalogs or ask to have the story explained to them by people that took the time to read them.

Gameplay - NNK had a weak AI but it made up for it with the Pokémon like collecting and having several different creatures to fight for you. This helped keep the game fresh and would cause a player to experiment to find the best minions to use. FF XIII used an auto battle system that would pick the best attacks for you by pressing X. No need to use the slightest brain power because every fight went the same. Break the enemies and switch to damage rolls. If you need to heal switch to a healing paradigm before going back to the exact same thing you've been doing for hours. Which reminds me. NNK did offer a lot more freedom in just about every way possible when it comes to playing the game.

Music - Honestly don't remember any of the music for either game.

Graphics - Some prefer the style of NNK but the average graphic whore would prefer something like FF XIII so it is the winner here.

In the end FF XIII is easily the worst of the two. "Any opinion otherwise is just blind fanboyism and should be ignored"
#16matt091282Posted 4/30/2013 9:02:52 PM
Overall I liked the story of Ni no Kuni anyway, but it didn't feel that satisfying to me by the end.
#17NorkenPosted 4/30/2013 9:02:56 PM
kel25 posted...
Story - Ni No Kuni had a dull story that started off as a unique story (for RPGs) about trying to save his mom that morphed into your typical RPG story. FF XIII had a story that was so poorly written that it forced people to read datalogs or ask to have the story explained to them by people that took the time to read them.

Gameplay - NNK had a weak AI but it made up for it with the Pokémon like collecting and having several different creatures to fight for you. This helped keep the game fresh and would cause a player to experiment to find the best minions to use. FF XIII used an auto battle system that would pick the best attacks for you by pressing X. No need to use the slightest brain power because every fight went the same. Break the enemies and switch to damage rolls. If you need to heal switch to a healing paradigm before going back to the exact same thing you've been doing for hours. Which reminds me. NNK did offer a lot more freedom in just about every way possible when it comes to playing the game.

Music - Honestly don't remember any of the music for either game.

Graphics - Some prefer the style of NNK but the average graphic whore would prefer something like FF XIII so it is the winner here.

In the end FF XIII is easily the worst of the two. "Any opinion otherwise is just blind fanboyism and should be ignored"

QFT
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#18RetroFanGirlPosted 4/30/2013 9:34:01 PM
mogar002 posted...
People only like Lightning because she's a girl. She is bland and one dimensional.

Much like the entirety of Ni No Kuni.
---
Hi.
#19Alphamale001Posted 4/30/2013 9:56:38 PM
Is this really a topic?
---
GT: TWOTONTUN1C PSN: TwoTonTunic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Kenny_Blankenship/CNNGuyCartridges.jpg
#20ManuKesnaPosted 4/30/2013 9:59:01 PM
I am a big final fantasy fan

Ni No Kuni>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ffxiii
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna