This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is worse - FF13 or Ni No Kuni?

#21cell2355Posted 4/30/2013 11:02:20 PM
NNK easy
---
http://www.backloggery.com/Kysuke
Not changing sig until Drew McIntyre wins a Title. (07/12/12)
#22PhophenomenonPosted 4/30/2013 11:03:12 PM
LOL NI NO KUNI HURR DURR
---
Myon & Shane 54 - The Kings of Mashups
http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/Phophenomenon
#23NGd72Posted 4/30/2013 11:03:33 PM
NNK is completely overrated in every sense. The AI is horrendous and a chore.

FFXIII is good but not great

Neither deserve praise
#24king_maddenPosted 4/30/2013 11:11:26 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
The only flack Ni No Kuni gets is the art design. As a whole, the game is a better RPG than FF XIII, which takes more away from the tried and true standards of an RPG than it advances it. Especially since it's influenced by Call of Duty which that alone should be embarrassing to even admit by the director

yes thats NNKs only flack if you dont think about the idiotic AI, very dull combat, annoying characters, and the usual basic story (power of love/friendship or whatever will save the world).

which is worse is basically opinion though, while i didnt care for ff13, i did finish it (mainly because it was easy), I couldnt make it all the way through NNK, combat and story just werent interesting to me.

I think general perception from the community as a whole is FF13 is better. similar ratings, ff13 much higher sales though.
#25ninjakrakenPosted 4/30/2013 11:31:22 PM
Ni No Kuni has arguably more to complain about, but somehow it was way more fun than FF13.

The problems I had with NNK include:
- poor AI (would often end up fighting bosses solo)
- battle music that grates after a while
- lack of voice acting in second half of the game
- story is weaker in second half of the game
- characters under-developed

But despite all this, it was a lot of fun. There is lots of sidequests, a world map, and I love the concept of capturing monsters to use them in battle. I liked it more than capturing monsters in FF13-2. I thought the battles were also fun, just wish there was a bit more variety in animations and magic powers. FF13 just felt shallow in comparison.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#26StickyJumper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 3:42:27 AM
are there even any good reasons to buy NNK?
#27AjescentPosted 5/1/2013 3:45:44 AM
mogar002 posted...
not sure if serious

---
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
If my spelling or grammar sucks, it's the fault of my Vita Touchscreen.
#28Anarchy612Posted 5/1/2013 3:45:57 AM
z827 posted...
Gameplay-wise, well, Ni no Kuni feels like you've sat on a pin or something.
The ally AI is TERRIBLE and the mechanics are bumpy. (You wouldn't really mind the gameplay flaws until you fight against a boss.)
The concept, however, may be rather nostalgic for some and seriously reminds one of Brave Story.

FFXIII on the other hand had an interesting enough of a gameplay (I'm probably going to get flamed for this) and an interesting concept but the characters, the main course for a FF game, were horrible. (Again, I expect to be flamed for this.)
Some of them were likeable enough whilst others like *cough* Snow, were annoying to the state of which you wish he exists solely for the sake to serve as your punching bag.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought of brave story lol
---
Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything.-Adroc Thurston
PSN: Anarchy612
#29the_requiemPosted 5/1/2013 4:30:47 AM
NGd72 posted...
NNK is completely overrated in every sense. The AI is horrendous and a chore

Show me on this Drippy plushy where NNK AI touched you. It is okay, no need to be afraid.

Whenever anyone says "ally AI in NNL is bad" all I read is "I am too lazy to understand how combat ad AI works". I had problems with AI early on but once I figured how it worked, didn't have ANY problems whatsoever.

Back on topic, as someone who liked both NNK and FFXIII, I would say NNK is better. So, I guess, that makes FFXIII worse.

BTW I was totally oblivious to NNK hate. When was it decided that NNK is a terrible game? Must've missed the memo.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Unfinished Swan
#30IamthekuzalolPosted 5/1/2013 4:34:49 AM
What the hell, you serious with such topic? FF13 is 10x worse in every conceivable way.