This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So will Insomniac come crying back to Sony after Fuse bombs?

#1LIsJusticePosted 5/1/2013 7:27:20 AM
We all know Fuse is going to bomb and with EA seemingly cutting its partners program, will Insomniac come back to Sony? Maybe Sony will forgive them and let them make Ratchet and Clank for PS4 or something ^_^
---
Won't change this sig until Alan Wake 2 is announced- Started 3/11/12
#2kingstagPosted 5/1/2013 7:31:37 AM
Sony is better off letting Insomniac go.

They were a once promising developer but the drop-off in quality between their PS2 and PS3 game is pretty staggering.
#3Beanie_devilPosted 5/1/2013 7:51:39 AM
I disagree, I think insomniac are still a very good and promising developer I just think they have been unlucky and made some bad choices... Resistance 2 and 3 lost what made FOM so great and it ended up just being another wannabe COD.

Fuse was so highly anticipated back in the days it was over strike because it was different, a FPS with a bit of humour and a lighter side but then it was changed to Fuse and all that was lost and replaced with yet another COD wannabe.

As I said they have made some bad choices, and teaming up with EA was one of them especially after all the bad press they have had recently and insomniac are really struggling to drum up support and excising for fuse but it's largely falling on apathetic ears...
---
PSN: Beanie_devil
#4theshovellerPosted 5/1/2013 7:54:41 AM
LIsJustice posted...
We all know Fuse is going to bomb...

Interesting. I, myself, have no such crystal ball, Ouija board, precognitive abilities, time machine, nor knowledge of the inner workings of the Illuminati to know if it'll suck or not. Hook a brother up?

Nah, but seriously, I'm going to try to nab myself a copy when it comes out. It looks really fun, and it's designed for co-op.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#5Sucker_PunchedPosted 5/1/2013 7:57:20 AM
I still have faith in Insomniac.

Fuse still looks fairly good, so I'm going to pick it up.

But I'm not expecting that game to do very well at all.
#6656stoogePosted 5/1/2013 7:57:37 AM
FUSE will bomb so hard it will probably kill the company.

And FUSE bombing is a matter of fact. There is no way in hell that game will sell well. There just isn't.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#7theshovellerPosted 5/1/2013 8:02:02 AM
656stooge posted...
FUSE will bomb so hard it will probably kill the company.

And FUSE bombing is a matter of fact. There is no way in hell that game will sell well. There just isn't.

Eh, as long as they don't write themselves into a "guaranteed sequel with an ending like this!" and I can still buy a copy and play it with my brother and / or sister, then I don't care much if it bombs or not. Seriously, why would other people liking the game affect my ability to enjoy it myself?

Not trying to come off as a fanboy or anything, mind you - I think this way about a lot of games. I hate when they make it so you expect a sequel, but then the company closes up shop, like with Bulletstorm. Decent game, it didn't do well and the developer closed, but I can still go back and enjoy it myself, making if a sequel was or was not coming kind of besides the point. However, the ending pretty much points out the story isn't done, and that sucks. If they changed it a bit, I wouldn't care if a sequel never came, you know? There's no question mark after "the end."
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#8beezer08Posted 5/1/2013 8:04:08 AM
Insomniac needs to stay out of the FPS genre and focus on what it does best
---
PSN/Steam: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#9656stoogePosted 5/1/2013 8:07:48 AM
Lol. You don't have to apologise for liking, or wanting to like a game, I was giving my opinion.

I see this game as a very generic looking CoD wanna be (EA's fault, as it looked good as Over Strike), and EA already has one of those in the Army Of Two 'franchise' and seem to barely make a splash as it is.
This game looks to have cost more and I think it will see even less advertisement. That's pretty much a recipe for a flop right there.

But you can enjoy it. I'm not attacking anyone that thinks it looks fun. Sometimes games like that can be. I just don't see it being a success at all.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#10FellDudePosted 5/1/2013 8:36:43 AM
kingstag posted...
Sony is better off letting Insomniac go.

They were a once promising developer but the drop-off in quality between their PS2 and PS3 game is pretty staggering.

This. After that steaming pile the was Resistance 3 with it's 1.5 gigs of week 1 fix patching & it's mandatory install that took 40 minutes to delete... I lost any respect I had for them. Their teaming up with EA has not improved my opinion of them.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.