This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your favorite video game art style?

#1PancakesRock15Posted 5/1/2013 9:37:45 PM
You know, cel-shaded, realistic, etc. If your fave art style is unique, just say "'x' game's art style"

I'll start

Journey's art style. Gorgeous AF.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Red ||||||||||||||| Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Blue.
Can't wait til PS4. PSN:Ultimatepancake
#2Shy420Posted 5/1/2013 9:43:40 PM
I'll be honest in saying that I can't pick a favorite. I think the look of the Naruto games is fantastic. I also like The Walking Dead, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Katamari Damacy, Borderlands, Deus Ex, XIII, Thinking about it, art style is probably the last thing I'm thinking about.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#3PancakesRock15(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:51:55 PM
Shy420 posted...
I'll be honest in saying that I can't pick a favorite. I think the look of the Naruto games is fantastic. I also like The Walking Dead, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Katamari Damacy, Borderlands, Deus Ex, XIII, Thinking about it, art style is probably the last thing I'm thinking about.

I know, but when you're playing COD or almost anything else with a "realistic"(grey) art style, it just seems so... boring.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Red ||||||||||||||| Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Blue.
Can't wait til PS4. PSN:Ultimatepancake
#4Junpei_StupeiPosted 5/1/2013 10:16:15 PM
Japanese

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 5/1/2013 10:18:42 PM
On one hand I like when cel shading looks really good like Valkyria Chronicles, JoJo, Naruto etc

On the other hand I like when photo realism looks really good in terms of animation like Beyond, L.A. Noire etc

What I dont like is half assed generic attempts either direction
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6Paragon-57Posted 5/1/2013 10:22:05 PM
I can't really pick a favorite.

I like realistic renditions like Call of Duty and Battlefield, however I also like the art style of the FFXIII trilogy. Borderlands and Valkyria Chronicles (as well as the Naruto titles) have a nice Cel-Shaded look to them that I like as well.

I like the diversity!
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#7BeknessPosted 5/1/2013 10:25:38 PM
I like Borderlands style. I loved the look of Bioshock, as well. But I also like it when the style just seems to fit the game brilliantly, such as red faction- it's just how you'd imagine Mars to be.

Also the characters in Tales games are cute.
---
<3BennyBear
#8PsychoWolfXPosted 5/1/2013 10:40:22 PM
Overall probably realistic, but I really love games that try to be a little different. Okami is one of the best looking games of all time.
#9THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 5/1/2013 10:43:13 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Japanese

Mainly. But Borderlands, Castle Crashers and Ratchet and Clank stand out. Enjoy the way they look and presented.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 5/1/2013 10:53:55 PM
Bekness posted...

Also the characters in Tales games are cute.

What about Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)