This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New "The Evil Within" Details Revealed: Inventory system, horror, etc.

#1Paragon-57Posted 5/2/2013 8:29:49 AM
Not sure if this was posted, but here you guys go:

• The game will be called “Psycho Break” in Japan because it’s easier for them to pronounce it over “The Evil Within”
• Sebastian is a strong character and will be strong enough to deal with everything going on
• There’s practically no interface. Word labels for objects fade in and out when you get close to them.
• There are not many sound effects and not much music. – Shinji did say that in regards to sound, it will be used to signal events and information. He also said how there will be enemies that we won´t be able to see but we will be able to hear them (I think this is like when you hear the Tank in L4D but you don´t know where it is).
• There is not much color in this game
• The game has a circular style menu for the inventory and weapons. You can also quick select items that have been assigned to the d-pad on the controller.
• Lighting in game a crucial element, lantern will go out during a “bad time”
• There will be moments where characters have to work together in order to defeat enemies, but the player facing horrible things on their own is central.
• Shinji is not a fan of horror characters that scream, runaway and lose their minds, so none of them will be in the game.

(More in link): http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/05/01/new-the-evil-within-details-revealed/

Well, certainly sounds like the Horror title many of you have been waiting for! Should be interesting.
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#2TwinmoldPosted 5/2/2013 8:34:49 AM
There are not many sound effects and not much music. – Shinji did say that in regards to sound, it will be used to signal events and information. He also said how there will be enemies that we won´t be able to see but we will be able to hear them (I think this is like when you hear the Tank in L4D but you don´t know where it is).

This sounds terrible. Sound is easily one of the most important aspects of horror.

Shinji is not a fan of horror characters that scream, runaway and lose their minds, so none of them will be in the game.

Dead Space handled it perfectly. Isaac shouts and screams, but doesn't dissolve into a blubbering mess. He also has very human traits, and is basically very relatable for a protagonist. I'm hoping they emulate Visceral on this one.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#3PsychoDrama1Posted 5/2/2013 8:35:52 AM
Can't wait.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#4RayconPosted 5/2/2013 8:40:35 AM
Twinmold posted...
Shinji is not a fan of horror characters that scream, runaway and lose their minds, so none of them will be in the game.

Dead Space handled it perfectly. Isaac shouts and screams, but doesn't dissolve into a blubbering mess. He also has very human traits, and is basically very relatable for a protagonist. I'm hoping they emulate Visceral on this one.

I was a fan of Murphy's girlish shriek from Downpour even, actually. It may sound silly at first, but put in his situation I would probably find myself doing the same thing.

>_>
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#5enigma2274Posted 5/2/2013 8:46:29 AM
Can not wait!!!
Mikami = fave developer
---
PS3: MGS2, Vanquish, Dead Island Riptide, Star Trek
Vita: Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4, Soul Sacrifice
#6Bloodlines1191Posted 5/2/2013 8:56:09 AM
People will think it'll be buggy since Bethesda has their name on it hence people will hate it.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#7NeojianXPosted 5/2/2013 9:26:36 AM(edited)
The Evil Within: Tales of the Current Gen Game Industry. : )

... and we will have even more Evil within your game systems next gen. As long as it is online. .. and that will be All the Time. Even if you try and shut them off. ... with 666G inside.

So you never really own them.

All of your gaming systems wills belongs to Us. Ha ha ha ha ha! Waaa ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!

XD
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#8RayconPosted 5/2/2013 9:21:32 AM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
People will think it'll be buggy since Bethesda has their name on it hence people will hate it.

Wait, wait... Bethesda's on this? Pre-order cancelled.
---
Am I doing it right...?
#9jrr18Posted 5/2/2013 9:25:40 AM
Raycon posted...
Bloodlines1191 posted...

Wait, wait... Bethesda's on this? Pre-order cancelled.

there just publishing they nothing to do with the programming at all.
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#10gudamanPosted 5/2/2013 9:38:51 AM
But... Thu Evuuhru riithuin

Just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it.
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.