This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best game story you played this generation

#71VayneSoloPosted 5/3/2013 7:57:17 AM
tiornys posted...
CrystalKing5426 posted...
tiornys posted...
This is easy for me: Final Fantasy XIII. Before you flame, keep in mind that its only (current-gen) competition is Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Are those the only two games you played this Gen?

So far, yes. Ni no Kuni patiently awaits.

I feel deeply sorry for you. I played FF 1 through XII (with the exception of XI) and this was then only console generation I had to skip games from the series simply because of the #$#% they become. You don't know what you have been missing, pal.
#72JohnbobbPosted 5/3/2013 8:01:13 AM
Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, and Assassin's Creed II.

Also, I'd count the God of War trilogy as one collective story which spans two generations.
---
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ -- FilmAf: Johnbobb
villarosereviews.wordpress.com
#73mad_hax_manPosted 5/4/2013 1:25:46 AM
1, Journey
2. Portal 2
3. Bioshock
4. Spec Ops: The Line
5. Papo and Yo
6. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
7. The Walking Dead
8. Nier.

I can't really think of of a 9th and 10th place at the moment. Its not that I haven't played other games with good plots, its more that they are all a significant step down from that list. I suppose I would give number 9 to Red Dead Redemption, which has a good story, but having such a moral character who is trying to leave his violent past behind him in undercut when the game gives you the option to gun down innocent civilians if you've being having a terrible day at work, and number 10 to Flower, which makes a strong use of story telling techniques and structure, even if it doesn't really have a story. I have yet to play Bioshock Infinite.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#74kaiser ryuPosted 5/4/2013 2:10:50 AM
Bioshock.

Though, I do want to mention the Ezio Trilogy. It offered a unique experience being able to live out a character's entire life. It may not be Shakespeare but it was a fun ride. I can't say I've liked or known a video game character so well as I do having been with Ezio through every major event of his life. The guy has been stamped on my heart and mind forever.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#75YggdrasillePosted 5/4/2013 2:38:11 AM
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Valkyria Chronicles
BioShock
Heavy Rain
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Mortal Kombat 9
NIER
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Waiting for: Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia, Dragon's Crown, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa Rebirth
#76tiornysPosted 5/4/2013 2:49:06 AM
VayneSolo posted...
I feel deeply sorry for you. I played FF 1 through XII (with the exception of XI) and this was then only console generation I had to skip games from the series simply because of the #$#% they become. You don't know what you have been missing, pal.

Ah, but I do know that you've overlooked one of the most engrossing battle systems in the series. ^_^

I'm not much of an action RPG fan, and almost every RPG this gen--including NNK--is an action-hybrid or full-on action RPG. This has sharply diminished my interest in the newer games, especially when there are plenty of previous-gen RPGs that I can pick up.

If I like NNKs combat enough, I may try Eternal Sonata or Valkyria Chronicles. Otherwise, I'll probably give in to the poisonous temptation of having a game on my phone (FF Dimensions). We shall see.
---
http://etrosgate.com/