This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best game story you played this generation

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Best game story you played this generation

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
3 years ago#71
tiornys posted...
CrystalKing5426 posted...
tiornys posted...
This is easy for me: Final Fantasy XIII. Before you flame, keep in mind that its only (current-gen) competition is Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Are those the only two games you played this Gen?

So far, yes. Ni no Kuni patiently awaits.

I feel deeply sorry for you. I played FF 1 through XII (with the exception of XI) and this was then only console generation I had to skip games from the series simply because of the #$#% they become. You don't know what you have been missing, pal.

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
3 years ago#72
Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, and Assassin's Creed II.

Also, I'd count the God of War trilogy as one collective story which spans two generations.
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ -- FilmAf: Johnbobb
villarosereviews.wordpress.com

User Info: mad_hax_man

mad_hax_man
3 years ago#73
1, Journey
2. Portal 2
3. Bioshock
4. Spec Ops: The Line
5. Papo and Yo
6. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
7. The Walking Dead
8. Nier.

I can't really think of of a 9th and 10th place at the moment. Its not that I haven't played other games with good plots, its more that they are all a significant step down from that list. I suppose I would give number 9 to Red Dead Redemption, which has a good story, but having such a moral character who is trying to leave his violent past behind him in undercut when the game gives you the option to gun down innocent civilians if you've being having a terrible day at work, and number 10 to Flower, which makes a strong use of story telling techniques and structure, even if it doesn't really have a story. I have yet to play Bioshock Infinite.
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart

User Info: kaiser ryu

kaiser ryu
3 years ago#74
Bioshock.

Though, I do want to mention the Ezio Trilogy. It offered a unique experience being able to live out a character's entire life. It may not be Shakespeare but it was a fun ride. I can't say I've liked or known a video game character so well as I do having been with Ezio through every major event of his life. The guy has been stamped on my heart and mind forever.
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
3 years ago#75
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Valkyria Chronicles
BioShock
Heavy Rain
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Mortal Kombat 9
NIER
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Waiting for: Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia, Dragon's Crown, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa Rebirth

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
3 years ago#76
VayneSolo posted...
I feel deeply sorry for you. I played FF 1 through XII (with the exception of XI) and this was then only console generation I had to skip games from the series simply because of the #$#% they become. You don't know what you have been missing, pal.

Ah, but I do know that you've overlooked one of the most engrossing battle systems in the series. ^_^

I'm not much of an action RPG fan, and almost every RPG this gen--including NNK--is an action-hybrid or full-on action RPG. This has sharply diminished my interest in the newer games, especially when there are plenty of previous-gen RPGs that I can pick up.

If I like NNKs combat enough, I may try Eternal Sonata or Valkyria Chronicles. Otherwise, I'll probably give in to the poisonous temptation of having a game on my phone (FF Dimensions). We shall see.
http://etrosgate.com/
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Best game story you played this generation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived