This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name all the FPS where you can see your body & show you can pick up things

#11xenosaga123Posted 5/2/2013 1:33:37 PM
none of those shooters have realistic full body visible.

Seeing legs/waist and arms is not complete full body vision.

Not even Dead Island and Mirror's Edge has realistic body vision, if it did, the
torso would be visible and the body would be visible from the chest down, not
the waist down.

the only shooter/first person videogame to have actual fully body vision, is
the PC version of PROJECT EDEN

(at least the demo. I own the PS2 version, which
doesn't have the same amount of visible body as PC version had.)

#12Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 2:56:07 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
none of those shooters have realistic full body visible.

Seeing legs/waist and arms is not complete full body vision.

Not even Dead Island and Mirror's Edge has realistic body vision, if it did, the
torso would be visible and the body would be visible from the chest down, not
the waist down.

the only shooter/first person videogame to have actual fully body vision, is
the PC version of PROJECT EDEN

(at least the demo. I own the PS2 version, which
doesn't have the same amount of visible body as PC version had.)

I just looked that game up. It appears to be a third person viewpoint game. Now if it gives you the option of going into first person, well then that would explain why you can see more of yourself I guess.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#13Ninkyo893Posted 5/2/2013 3:56:34 PM
I gues it's nitpicking, but I would also like to see more random gun animations in future FPS's.
Your character shouldn't always be aiming, and the gun should move in different directions when running or walking, instead of the same floaty, left to right movements.
The same goes for climbing animations, although I've noticed many developers have improved on this. I can't recall a recent game where you magically floated up a ladder.
---
"Once upon a time in the West, there were men like this. They were not noble; they were not heroic. They simply were."
PSN: Ninkyodo893
#14Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 4:01:18 PM
Ninkyo893 posted...
I gues it's nitpicking, but I would also like to see more random gun animations in future FPS's.
Your character shouldn't always be aiming, and the gun should move in different directions when running or walking, instead of the same floaty, left to right movements.
The same goes for climbing animations, although I've noticed many developers have improved on this. I can't recall a recent game where you magically floated up a ladder.

Max Payne 2 PC FPS mod made running with the gun in hand animation look a bit more realistic since the game obviously was modeled originally in third person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtfEuHvsrWc

Also I agree about the climbing. In the Blood Dragon demo, it was kinda annoying how you can't even scale a three to five foot rock area right at the beginning of the demo, forcing you to go a rail like set path. But thats part of the usual invisible walls setbacks I guess...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#15Ninkyo893Posted 5/2/2013 7:11:56 PM
I'm excited to see if DICE will ever release a Mirror's Edge sequel on the PS4.
I think they could do an excellent job with many of these fixes, using whatever generation of the Frostbite engine is current at the time.
---
"Once upon a time in the West, there were men like this. They were not noble; they were not heroic. They simply were."
PSN: Ninkyodo893
#16carsaucePosted 5/2/2013 7:12:30 PM
L4D
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#17TroutfischPosted 5/2/2013 7:15:20 PM
Jurassic Park: Trespasser

FIRST PERSON BEWBS!
---
PSN: Troutfisch