This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

#1carsaucePosted 5/2/2013 4:18:44 PM(edited)
Anyone on here enjoy weird strange survival horror games? or fan of Twin Peaks,
GET THIS GAME, we are so lucky to get this on the PS3, this game is great, this is for anyone and I mean anyone who hardcore nostalgia, and enjoy David Lynch movies or series, (Twin Peaks), or enjoy the B movie survival horror games, or something different, since this game is on the PS3 it now gives a new option of a new genre of video games, yes this was on 360 first, but on the PS3 well it's a new experience...Alan Wake was great, but this is what it's all about, so anyone who been thinking about "What is this game?" You just have to experience it for yourself, it's a must, its also a gem IMO and already a review writen by someone calls it a masterpiece, it sure really is...
You gotta play this game guys and girls!

Hidetaka is a genius, and I'm glad I actually did play Spy Fiction and enjoyed that game on the PS2, and now he created just such a wonderful game, it's just too hard to overlook it!
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#2gamemaster712Posted 5/2/2013 3:29:57 PM
I'm getting it when I have more moolah, got 360 version.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#3spectermaster14Posted 5/2/2013 3:35:17 PM
Can I just step in for a minute and explain to new players that most outlandish claims people make about this game are nonsense? No, the story is not amazing, the gameplay is not great, it is not innovative, it is no scary, there is no focus on survival... All that said, do try it, it IS a fun, quirky game with a lot of fun characters and a lot of personality. I just don't want people going into it expecting something it's not.
#4akuma634Posted 5/2/2013 3:54:12 PM
I got the digital version yesterday. I haven't played much of it yet but so far I like it. The story is pretty cool, the main character seems like a deconstruction of the FBI agent from Twin Peaks, and of course Twin Peaks and the works of David Lynch are a big inspiration for the game.
#5este914Posted 5/2/2013 3:58:05 PM
I plan on getting it in the future.... thanks :)
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#6PhaseSlaethePosted 5/2/2013 4:06:33 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Can I just step in for a minute and explain to new players that most outlandish claims people make about this game are nonsense? No, the story is not amazing, the gameplay is not great, it is not innovative, it is no scary, there is no focus on survival... All that said, do try it, it IS a fun, quirky game with a lot of fun characters and a lot of personality. I just don't want people going into it expecting something it's not.

ITP - IMO but it sounds like fact.

All hail Britassia!
#7fhsfootball74Posted 5/2/2013 4:14:58 PM
akuma634 posted...
I got the digital version yesterday. I haven't played much of it yet but so far I like it. The story is pretty cool, the main character seems like a deconstruction of the FBI agent from Twin Peaks, and of course Twin Peaks and the works of David Lynch are a big inspiration for the game.

Dale Cooper

Classic Cooper- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwcQ1dapw8
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#8Video_Game_CzarPosted 5/2/2013 4:17:56 PM
buyers remorse general?
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#9carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 4:20:22 PM

Well you don't speak for everyone so what I say Is not nonsense, I LOVE THIS GAME, and I'm not the only one who does, I am now a fan of this game and this is a game I will not erase from my PS3 experience existance, and also Agent York is now one of my fav main characters in a game.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#10carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 4:20:48 PM
akuma634 posted...

Dale Cooper

Classic Cooper- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwcQ1dapw8

LOL Exactly.
---