This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The intro to this visual novel is how visual novels should play

#31EroyumePosted 5/3/2013 1:30:20 PM
And with Steins;Gate, I'm talking about the newer game not the original. They should have enough $ to do that now if they wanted to.

My point is that if it's anywhere close to the same length as the original, what you're asking for isn't feasible. It doesn't just become an issue of cost but also manpower.

A lot of time and money was spent on Tokitowa's animation system (which they outsourced to Satelight), and it came out half-baked.
---
http://eroyume.com
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eroyume
#32Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 1:33:02 PM
Eroyume posted...
And with Steins;Gate, I'm talking about the newer game not the original. They should have enough $ to do that now if they wanted to.

My point is that if it's anywhere close to the same length as the original, what you're asking for isn't feasible. It doesn't just become an issue of cost but also manpower.

A lot of time and money was spent on Tokitowa's animation system (which they outsourced to Satelight), and it came out half-baked.

Because their budget was small. Steins;Gate wouldn't have the same problem.

Its a shame too because at least they were willing to take the risk and be inventive instead of stagnant. Just shouldn't have sucked so hard....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#33kylemcauliffe15Posted 5/4/2013 9:42:02 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
and this is why we can't have nice things....

It's up to you whether or not you enjoy something. I think developers should listen to fan feedback but not told exactly WHAT to make, just like with any "art." That's right: I threw out the "A" word. ;p

So whether or not we can "have nice things" is entirely opinionated. If you don't like how a game is, you don't like it. To say the developer SHOULD have made it a certain way so YOU would like it shuts-down the point of personal expression. They're no longer making something they want to for you to enjoy or not enjoy, and when that happens, sometimes it's hard for any "love" to be put into it and you're left with a bad experience anyway. You can look at it as a "simple, robotic, feelingless process" but it isn't one.

If makers are being pulled into doing exactly what executives and gamers say their games "should be" instead of taking it into consideration as feedback, there's a lot less likely chance of anything new and daring. People will demand exactly what they've been playing for ages, and executives will scream for "safe games," the name of the former. It's happening in the movie industry right now, and it always has though its gotten worse.

That's just my take. You don't have to agree.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali